BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Engine died going around corner

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  chrisrees 
#1 ·
Coming downhill then turning onto my street, the engine died and wouldn't allow me to restart for a good minute or so. All the while sitting in the middle of the intersection. Gas tank was half full. An error message popped up for a few seconds that said something about "Anti-Roll" and "Curves" then went out. A lot going on while facing oncoming traffic, car wouldn't start and trying to read the dash! Car is running fine now, but worried that the next time my wife may be driving. Took to dealer and they want $150 (non-refundable) to diagnose because no faults were found. Thoughts?

#7 ·
There are other KNOWN issues related to the suspension that throws a code and usually puts the car in "limp mode". Looks like yours simply skipped that "meddlesome" intermediary step. Try searching on active suspension or other similar words.

#9 ·
I had that and one other message. Wouldn't start after several attempts to start. Took it in codes said faulty crank shaft position sensor. $380.00.

#10 ·
Car still running fine since. Did check all fluids, especially steering and suspension reservoir; was a little low. Oil was a quart low. Took it back to dealer since it was just recently serviced and made sure ALL fluids were "topped off" and all good...so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.