BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 135 or 2011 1M?

12K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Likwid 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 1 owner 41K 2011 135i M-Sport 6MT coupe equipped with every 135 option available that's still under OEM warranty to share DD responsibilities with Cayenne GTS. It was quite a find and I REALLY like this car; it's what BMW used to be i.e. FUN to drive! In fact, it may be more fun to drive than my 07 Porsche Twin Turbo coupe automatic. Now, here's my dilemma. I want more performance. Should I mod my 135 (ECU, LSD etc.) or start looking for a low mileage used 1M? Is there really THAT much difference between the 135 and 1M? I know the 1M still retains the N54 engine (good) vs. the 135's N55, has the LSD, M3 suspension and more horsepower. But, the $$$ difference between the two (mod 135 vs. stock M1) is major and I can do a lot with the 135 to achieve and perhaps even match/exceed the 1M. I just purchased the Cusco strut brace, added Sirius/XM, and installed a K&N filter. My car came previously modded with OEM CF rear spoiler, short shift, matching parking brake, racing pedals, black kidney grills, tinted windows, new 18" Hankook non-run flats and wheel locks.

So, given these facts, what would you recommend/do? Thanks.

#8 ·
Depends on if you are a collector, or are out to run it. If you're out to run it, get an M3 or do your 135 over. As mentioned, M235 or waiting 2 years for an M2 might also be options. Sounds like you have the money.

If you're collecting or want a unique vehicle then the 1M might be a choice, but I wouldn't ruin a pristine one as a DD.

#9 ·
Get the 1M, if you can find one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.