BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

FRAUD CAUTION (Climate Controller)

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pismobill 
#1 · (Edited)
:thumbdwn:To all those out there that have a problem with their Climate Control panel. DO NOT send it to a company called BMW-REPAIR.COM This is a fraudulent company in New York that does not stand behind there repair like their website indicates. I just spent $225.00 for my repair and got back the same controller with no difference in its functions.

I attempted to email Eddie, the so called Tech or Owner, not sure which. Have had no response until I called this morning. The conversation went as you can guess, not well. When I tried to explain that it was apparent that nothing was either done to the unit or it was not the problem, I was called some pretty vulgar language.

Lesson learned about doing business with a guy that was not a referral. Money well spent on a lesson I should have known.

READ) Keep in mind that even if they have a website and a Paypal account, doesnt make them legitamate. The website even states that they stand by their work. I really have no way of taking this company to court since I am in California, and neither will YOU.

#2 ·
I repaired and tested this members climate control unit successfully. However he had a blown FSR (Final Stage Resistor) which is located above the gas pedal. These faulty FSR's are common and sometimes people misdiagnose their problems and point the finger at me. A system must be 100% operational for my climate control unit to work properly. In no way was I ever vulgar or offensive. I pride myself with customer service and stand behind my work to the fullest.

Thanks,
Eddie

#3 · (Edited)
BMW-Repair Fraudulent

Listen up consumers. This guy "Eddie" at BMW-Repair is blowing smoke about my Climate Control module. I had a certified BMW mechanic (Steve's Automotive, in Van Nuys) confirm that nothing was done to my controller and that it was indeed the controller that needed replacing. Based on this information, you would think that I would at least get a refund from BMW-Repair (Eddie), since they state their work is Guaranteed.

Like I stated before. Watch out for these types of companies and if you cant hand deliver the controller or live out of state, your throwing your money away.

Peace

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.