BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Remote Key (Key Fob)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  glesther10 
#1 ·
:bigpimp: FINALLY....my bimmer brothers and sisters i finally encountered an issue with my '06 760li that i took care of myself for ZERO dollars .....when i found my key remote in the bottom of the washing machine. AFTER the wash cycle completed i was in the medicine cabinet looking for the BC's got over my headache and on youtube...don't panic if your remote goes for a swim....do this quickly access and remove the battery....release and remove metal key...dab any visible water with dry cloth....get some silica packs (found in shoe boxes;vitamin bottles etc.) put the remote parts and silica packs in a small plastic bag...the smallest possible to hold everything close together...seal bag tightly ...i used tape. After three days i removed the items....i even put the battery in the bag...you don't have to but i reassembled the remote WITH the same battery......and IT WORKED!!!!! ....still does....engine; locks; trunk; headlights everything works.....Dealership didn't get that $300 bucks...bigpimp:ks!!!!!!!

#2 ·
you can also put the key/electronic in a bag of rice to help draw out the moisture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.