BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Bimmerfest European Delivery Sign-In Book (aka 'das Buch')

159K views 213 replies 131 participants last post by  Gary J 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Bimmerfest European Delivery Sign in book, also known as 'das buch' is a long standing tradition started by Bimmerfest members when European deliveries were still done at the old Freimann facility. With the opening of The Welt I decided that a nice hardbound book was in order to start the tradition anew at the Welt.

Of course, since I was the first customer to take delivery of a new car at the Welt, I was also the first person to sign the book. Beewang was the second person to sign the book.

By and large, the Welt's staff were new to European Delivery (the only person who moved over from Freimann, AFAIK, was Bernhard Hausmaninger) so I explained to them what Bimmerfest was etc. and they immediately placed my book in a place of honor at the point of where people stop upon entering the area adjacent to the Premium Lounge.

Upon arriving at the Premium Lounge, Bimmerfest members should simply sign das Buch in whatever manner they deem appropriate. If for some reason das Buch is not immediately visible, I'm sure that one of the friendly staff members will be happy to locate it.

Attachments

See less See more
#178 ·
SSD - signed, sealed, and (almost) delivered

Just signed the Bimmerfest Buch... 10/21/15 Munich Pick-up of a 2016 M4 Coupe!

Sounds like the latest info is all correct, but it's in the Premium Lounge where you check in for pick up, just to the right of the reception desk. Big red book on a table with the drop-off location list and some brochures. Pretty prominent, I must say. Found it on my own without asking!

#185 ·
Das Check-in

The king and queen of the Netherlands is here. They should meet me

Attachments

#186 ·
Congrats mate. Don't you love it when a plan comes together!
Keep the photos coming.

#188 ·
The book is full! Or at least there are signatures on every page. I guess people are starting to sign on previous pages and work their way back. I signed on the inside back cover. : )

#196 ·
Cool...I will sign it!! Be there on June 12.

#197 ·
Forgot!!!

Can't BELIEVE I forgot to sign "das Buch" this time!!! Was in a hurry to get my car, get the top down and head out on the highway, looking for adventure!:)

Next time I'll remember!

2018 BMW430 Convertible/ Snapper Rocks Blue/Ivory Interior
2015 BMW428 Convertible/ Sparkling Brown Metallic/Saddle Tan Interior

#202 ·
As far as I know, the sign-in book from Freimann is at the BMW Welt along with the original BMW Welt sign-in Buch that I brought for the opening day on 23.10.2007.

#203 ·
#212 ·
I'm scheduled for 9/9. Is anyone later?

Or is Spira coordinating different plans?

I'm happy too and would be honored if that's easiest. :bigpimp:

#213 ·
Think I'm off BMWs

There are far worst issues in the world, but I don't get this decision. I picked up a 535 GT in 2011 and a M240 convertible in 2017. Fair, or not, I think I am now officially off BMWs. The purchasing of both BMWs was so intertwined with the pick up in Munich. I am onto looking at the brands that still offer Euro delivery for my 50th birthday. I was beyond a brand ambassador (believe the purpose of the program). Sadly, no more. It's odd to me that they canceled this program.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.