BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Bimmerfest European Delivery Sign-In Book (aka 'das Buch')

159K views 213 replies 131 participants last post by  Gary J 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Bimmerfest European Delivery Sign in book, also known as 'das buch' is a long standing tradition started by Bimmerfest members when European deliveries were still done at the old Freimann facility. With the opening of The Welt I decided that a nice hardbound book was in order to start the tradition anew at the Welt.

Of course, since I was the first customer to take delivery of a new car at the Welt, I was also the first person to sign the book. Beewang was the second person to sign the book.

By and large, the Welt's staff were new to European Delivery (the only person who moved over from Freimann, AFAIK, was Bernhard Hausmaninger) so I explained to them what Bimmerfest was etc. and they immediately placed my book in a place of honor at the point of where people stop upon entering the area adjacent to the Premium Lounge.

Upon arriving at the Premium Lounge, Bimmerfest members should simply sign das Buch in whatever manner they deem appropriate. If for some reason das Buch is not immediately visible, I'm sure that one of the friendly staff members will be happy to locate it.

Attachments

See less See more
#121 ·
Looking forward to signing it on March 11 as I take delivery of my 640i GC Individual Package :)

#123 ·
First ED. Doing the ED vacation was the only way to convince my wife on the new car. Can't wait. Picking up a F-10 550i on April 29th. :) Thanks to all those on Bimmerfest for your shared information. Couldn't have done it without you!

#124 ·
Logging into das buch on April 16

I'll be picking up my 135i on April 16 and will look for das buch. Because of the Construction Trade Show in Munich, it's fly in, pick up car and get outta town for the first leg of a months great driving.

Thanks for the heads up on das buch! :)

Gordon

#126 · (Edited)
#130 · (Edited)
And...I'm bringing more on March17th for our ED visit! 800# said our vehicle is completed..but hopefully NOT headed to "the port of exit"...unless that means BMW Welt:beerchug:

#133 · (Edited)
Signed "Das Buch" today with pick-up of our new 3 series M-Sport Touring! Left new supply of Bimmerfest decals

Rick

Attachments

#134 ·
I signed the book on 3/10 but didn't see any stickers. how can I get one?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#138 ·
Gona sign-in next Wednesday April 1st (hopefully wont get trolled for April fools LOL), anyone else gona be there on the same day

#142 ·
2015 M6 Gran Coupe - ED: May 15, 2014

My wife and I had the best time. I will never pick up from a local dealer again. And this car isn't too shabby either! :thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.