BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How does BMW insurance pay you?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ninong 
#1 ·
If your new BMW is totally damaged or stolen in a country which is included in insurance coverage during the first 14 days after picking it up: what happens: do you get a similar car, or just money, or similar car delivered to the IUD BMW dealer without you have to go back to Welt?? Any actual direct personal experiences?

#2 ·
Theft is handled differently than a total loss from a collision. There is a deduction in value if the car is stolen. This discourages people from Prearranging a theft into Eastern Europe or the Middle East. Yes, it does happen. That is why dealers in the US are very careful about who they sell high end cars to if it is a new customer. Dealership will insist in registering the car before delivery. Also the dealership will be "dinged" if a new car goes overseas within a year of sale.

#3 ·
BMW made me a new car and shipped it to the dealer. It took about 3 months. Insurance paid someone directly. I needed to sign a new purchase agreement for the new car with the dealer. I didn't have to pay a cent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.