BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I wonder how old the average Z driver is ???

55K views 182 replies 121 participants last post by  scootr 
#1 · (Edited)
Interesting statistics about drivers ....

Click here to see the link

I am over 65, however, feel like 55 so naturally I drive the Z4 :) and why not, as they say "Last Shirt has no Pockets" .... so I have fun every day :)

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

So sorry the link is in German ... then you all know how to switch it to English using Google of course you do :) let me translate the text for you ...

Accordingly, the average buyer of a Jaguar New car in the first half of 2010, approximately 56.5 years old, 56.1 years of a Mercedes.
At the most recent are mini- Buyer - they are on average 44.7 years old.

Opel Buyers are 53.1, BMW 52.0 Customer and VW Buyers on average 50.7 years old. Among the high volume producers in Germany,
Ford has the youngest customers with an average of 47.8 years. Furthermore, the typical new-car buyers will be many years older and older,
as the study goes on to say: Meanwhile, his average age is 50.8 years. "The German car market is a reflection of our society - new car buyers
are graying, "said auto expert Ferdinand Dudenhoeffer.

In return, the share of German new-car buyers fall below 40 years: He is, according to the study, nor was 20.2 percent, in 2006 the figure
was 23.3 percent. Rising on the other hand, the proportion of 70 - Buyer years: They now 11.3 percent.

See less See more
#135 ·
Well ordered the Z4 on my 50th birthday, this was the first "new " BMW automobile I'd ever owned. Well it's 8 years later and I still love my Z4. It's just about to turn over 80,000 miles ( 10,000 a year) I will keep it as long as possible. It has the silky smooth N52 engine and a 6 speed MT. Only thing I don't like now is I have to pay for maintenance and repairs. I took full advantage of 6 years maintenance and warranty and will miss that aspect. I know that the new Z4's are really pricey, but if you can afford one "go for it" If you take care of it, it'll be fun to drive every time you get in it!

#136 ·
I actually wish they still had the N52 engine. I don't trust the turbos that much based on my experience with the N54. Plus the Z4 loaner I had was the N52 and I thought it was plenty even though I'm used to the 335i power.

Thanks for all the comments. I see a Z4 in my future.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#138 ·
I'm too old for a Z4 :> - 62 years YOUNG! and bought my first in 2008, when I was 55. I am truly addicted, and can't imagine driving anything else now. We also do have an SUV in the household which I drive occasionally, when I need more seating or cargo space. And my 7 yo granddaughter has had many a ride in my Z4, with a seatbelt (bad grandparent?)

When I bought my first my youngest was 18 but not driving yet, and I had an hour-long commute to work (often longer), needed something to make the drive more bearable. I also had a 23 yo at home in & out of college who couldn't afford a car (and I was NOT going to buy him another one, my limit is one/kid) but that's a separate story/issue!!

#140 ·
I'm 50 and enjoying my first BMW. Was shopping for an M3 last year and drove the Z4. I was much more impressed with the i35is than I was with the M3. Decided to wait and found a used Z4 w/only 2200 miles on it over Easter weekend. It had every option I wanted and was the color I always wanted. I'm super stoked and really enjoy driving it.

#144 ·
I purchased a 2006 3.0i when I was 45 and leased the 2015 last April when I was 50, as much as I love this car I'm considering purchasing a lightly used 2007 or 2008 if I don't purchase this one off lease and the Z5 turns out to be a dud. This car is insanely fast compared to my 3.0i but it felt more like a sportscar than this one does and was more fun to drive.

#145 ·
I bought my 2011 35is 2 years ago when I was 56. I sold my restored 1956 T-Bird for something more driveable and I have never regretted that decision. It is a great handling car and scary fast off the line. I now have 37K on the odometer and look forward to many more miles of driving bliss.

#146 ·
67, picked mine up in Munich last June when I was 66. Raced mtn bikes in my 40s and 50s, marathons in my 30s, retired and ride mtn bike 4-5 days a week.

#148 · (Edited)
Very good to hear the wide range of ages. Glad that such a great roadster is also quite affordable for all. We need to enjoy road cars while we can. Even BMW and Porsche are already SUV companies. As for age, I have had quite a run. I bought my first sports roadster at age 20. It cost about $3200 new. It was a Porsche Speedster. I drove it for years. Snow skiing, to surfing. Don't even think about my current chronological age!

#150 ·
Got my 2009 Z4 for my 50th birthday this year (2016)!!

#154 ·
56 and just bought my 1st.
2016 Z4 35is...estoril blue.
Never had a BMW or a convertible.
My girlfriend has always had a convertible and we got rid of her Saab convertible and Murano to get her a Range Rover Evoque.
I figured it was my time to get one.....this is the only car I looked at....loving it.
A

#157 ·
Got mine a few months ago for my 60th. All my motorcycle friends were getting fairings and stereos and wind blockers and heated seats and grips and I said if I'm going to get all that I'll just buy a sports car, and I did. Bonus is no helmet in 50 states and Canada, :)

/Users/rickdoucet/Desktop/DSCN3852.jpg

#160 ·
I'm coming up on 70 in a few months.

My first Z4 was an 2006 E85 bought in 2008. Just got the 2016 E89 35is a few months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.