BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lock Freezing Problem!!!!

919 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HanSolofliesBMW 
#1 ·
So this morning when I went to my Car and tried to Unlock it, I realized the lock was frozen because of 30 degrres previous night and I couldnt get into my car as my remote is broken and I have to unlock and lock the car by putting the key into the door lock, so my question is I think I have read somewhere that these cars have self lock defroster if it is tru how can one activate that, cuz I can really use that feature this winter if not then I would have to buy a lock defroster from Canadian Tire - By the way I have a 01 530i.

Thanks a lot guys

#3 ·
my fob has stopped working all of a sudden, I have a thread in the fest regarding that I just cant understand whats the problem with that, I have changed the fuse #53 and reprogrammed the key, didn't do anyting, checked the actuator its fine, I havent changed tried changing the battery yet, as it is my only key and if something happens I wouldn't wanna take that chance. And how can one get in the car through the trunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.