BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pedal it

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ///M-Bark 
#1 · (Edited)
Been wanting to do this for some time now. I have the Skaggs pedals and my dead pedal in the car.
I have 5/8 inch Delrin spacers in the front of the drivers seat. For me this works out fine with the seat back where I want it (a hair from all the way back). As you move the seat forward less of a spacer is necessary.
With the seat back where I want, the brake and gas pedal are fine. The clutch and dead pedal are too far away.
Been driving around with a 3/4 inch piece of plywood on the dead pedal and a 1/2 inch piece taped on the clutch pedal which is right for me. Amazing the difference this makes.
For the dead pedal, I'm making a 3/4 inch Delrin spacer to go between my dead pedal and the stock one. If this doesn't look right, I'll make a 15/16 inch thick aluminum one.
For the clutch pedal, I bent (heat gun) a piece of Delrin over the curved metal brake pedal. Clamped it to the pedal and scribed the stock pedal outline on to the Delrin piece. Scroll saw and sanding block resulted in the piece shown in the following pic. Will probably have the 1/2 inch thick one machined.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you sure that your left leg isn't 1/2" shorter than your right? :D

#10 ·
Pedal has holes that are threaded from behind... I bet its not too hard, you just run a small machine screw up from behind.

#11 · (Edited)
Mpire said:
Pedal has holes that are threaded from behind... I bet its not too hard, you just run a small machine screw up from behind.
Yes. You have to remove the black plastic piece and drill fours holes into it. There are threaded points that you loosely screw into the back of the dead pedal. This lets you position it and the points mark the plastic so you know where to drill. I use button head stainless steel screws with a spacer washer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.