BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking to get rid of my 75k '01 540i 6spd

7K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  hankthetank94 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have a gunmetal gray w/ black int. 2001 BMW 540i Sport 6spd manual with ~75,500 miles that I'm looking to sell.

I am the second owner

Brand new water pump, flywheel, and clutch

premium sound package

cold weather package

sport package with ///M steering wheel and shift knob

Tranmission is in fantastic shape

radiator and hoses have never been blown (Saw that those two things were some problems people have with the 540i) because the car has never been beat on... But I'm not going to say I never put my foot down.

No accidents

100% stock other than a K&N air filter that I bought just because I figured it was something healthy I could do for the car (I knew it wouldn't really get me any more horsepower)

cupholders still work and have never been replaced because I've never eaten/drank in the car

Car is mechanically in great shape and the interior is flawless

Always changed the oil with full synthetic and oem bmw oil filter

Always put 93 in her

Suspension is fantastic - car is real tight

All in all just a great car, fast, and very attractive.

KBB is for excellent condition - $11,559 - I'm going to ask $12k. Flexible but don't lowball me.

please PM me if interested. Will send you pictures.

See less See more
#2 ·
American dollars?

Jk

#3 ·
Hey all, I have a gunmetal gray w/ black int. 2001 BMW 540i Sport 6spd manual with ~75,500 miles that I'm looking to sell.

I am the second owner

Brand new water pump, flywheel, and clutch

premium sound package

cold weather package

sport package with ///M steering wheel and shift knob

Tranmission is in fantastic shape

radiator and hoses have never been blown (Saw that those two things were some problems people have with the 540i) because the car has never been beat on... But I'm not going to say I never put my foot down.

No accidents

100% stock other than a K&N air filter that I bought just because I figured it was something healthy I could do for the car (I knew it wouldn't really get me any more horsepower)

cupholders still work and have never been replaced because I've never eaten/drank in the car

Car is mechanically in great shape and the interior is flawless

Always changed the oil with full synthetic and oem bmw oil filter

Always put 93 in her

Suspension is fantastic - car is real tight

All in all just a great car, fast, and very attractive.

KBB is for excellent condition - $11,559 - I'm going to ask $12k. Flexible but don't lowball me.

please PM me if interested. Will send you pictures.
cool story bro,
post it in the classifieds next time

#7 ·
Greezer, Idk if you realized this yet, but literally nobody from either bimmerfest or bimmerforums enjoys your company.

Now that I got that off my chest...
So I drove with the e-brake on for 200 yards... first time I've ever done it. It doesn't hurt anything.

Secondly,
I found the solution for your reason 1... it's actually designed to do that when the carbon build up gets to be a little more than normal - the extra cranks burn it off.

#11 ·
Cut the nonsense. We are all here to be educated and have a good time. I'm car hunting and I'm exploring all of my options. We don't need to have a melt down because something was posted in the wrong section of the forums. Its not World of Warcraft here, calm down please.

#13 ·
I think a melt down is completely necessary.

Also to note:
I am try to "educate" Mr. Hank on how to be most effective when selling his vehicle.
And I am also having a good time.
:clap:

and AnotherGeezer knows I cannot stop the shenanigans :thumbup:

#30 ·
Hank you sir are a complete moron selling a lemon and u get mad when someone calls u out on your bull**** .... Geezer is a well respected member on this forum he actually contributes doesn't leech like u ... Next time think before u Offend others

#33 · (Edited)
I'm another old geezer! 58 years decrepid and happy to meet others who been around long enough to be past posting "please post pictures of your slammed E39" or "muffler delete. What do you all think?" No hate here Geezers! typical childish behavior...someone figures out you aren't on your first post and then the problem switches to you! How pathetic. I tried nicely to help this guy on another post and now I'm sorry I did. The post doesn't belong here whether it's his first post or not. Even if it were his first post, that's why we ask people to read the "stickies" which he either couldn't do or he figures it applies to other people and not him.

Second and most importantly is I really get pissed at the amount of bad information people toss around. He makes it sound like BMW designed slow starts to alert you that you have carbon build-up! That is total Bull! You will know when you have CBU when your SAP and valve work perfectly and yet you still throw a low air flow error detected at the O2 sensors. CBU will not cause hard starts- as I have it documented by high compression test readings and a new seciondary air pump, valve, and all new hoses and still elicite a low SAP air volume detected error. Confirmed by a BMW mechanic inspected the piston and combustion chamber. OP, show me where you got this information about hard starts when hot PLEASE as no offense, but I don't believe you. Happy to apologize when you show the evidence.

What you paid for your car and what you sell your car for is your business. You are absolutely correct that this is free enterprise and if you bought right where you can see a nifty profit, good for you-that's the American way, but don't act stupid and post where it doesn't belong. BTW, how did you get rid of the CBU and don't tell me Seafoam? Great product, but will not get rid of heavy deposits. I know that too-first hand. I saw it before and after 2 tries along with a BMW dealer. I "fixed' my issue with the European software which allows for much less SAP flow which was part of a software upgrade.

I agree that it's best you just crawl back under your rock and hope you can sell you car without the forum's help. Geezer's unite! Luv ya all and your posts. He better check how his popularity is doing now. Lost a lotta points in my book.

#34 · (Edited)
First off, there was no need for geezer to downgrade my post with things I posted on bimmerfourms. Secondly, I do apologize but all of you have to understand that Geezer and I have been going at it, for whatever reason, ever since I became a member here at bimmerfest and it obviously continued over from my membership at bimmerforums. I have no problem with you respecting Geezer, I'm sure he's probably cool with you guys. Unfortunately, we do not get along - and I do not enjoy his company. You're right, the statement I made was incorrect about 'everybody' - it was me in the heat of the moment. Geezer had posted on my stuff at bimmerforums with nothing but negative things to say and when he posted that here I snapped a little. So please understand... And Jose I never got mad. I'd like you to respect the fact that I admitted to that I am indeed attempting at making big profit off of this car. Was that a good thing to say? Definitely not and I regret posting it. However, it is true. I don't ever lie when selling a car. And 540iman... just relax I don't want any confrontation. I'd like to see how all of you would react when a single member from both bimmerfest and bimmerforums is single-handidly ruining your threads/posts - especially when you're a new member. Just a thought.

Unfortunately you guys saw me lash out on the only post I've lashed out on towards Geezer - and it just so happened to be my first post as a member here at bimmerfest. Please understand that our confrontations leaked from bimmerforums to here and I apologize for I handled it incorrectly.

Geezer, I would appreciate it if you would stop posting on my threads both here and especially at bimmerforums.

regards,
hankthetank94

#36 ·
First off, there was no need for geezer to downgrade my post with things I posted on bimmerfourms. Secondly, I do apologize but all of you have to understand that Geezer and I have been going at it, for whatever reason, ever since I became a member here at bimmerfest and it obviously continued over from my membership at bimmerforums. I have no problem with you respecting Geezer, I'm sure he's probably cool with you guys. Unfortunately, we do not get along - and I do not enjoy his company. You're right, the statement I made was incorrect about 'everybody' - it was me in the heat of the moment. Geezer had posted on my stuff at bimmerforums with nothing but negative things to say and when he posted that here I snapped a little. So please understand... And Jose I never got mad. I'd like you to respect the fact that I admitted to that I am indeed attempting at making big profit off of this car. Was that a good thing to say? Definitely not and I regret posting it. However, it is true. I don't ever lie when selling a car. And 540iman... just relax I don't want any confrontation. I'd like to see how all of you would react when a single member from both bimmerfest and bimmerforums is single-handidly ruining your threads/posts - especially when you're a new member. Just a thought.

Unfortunately you guys saw me lash out on the only post I've lashed out on towards Geezer - and it just so happened to be my first post as a member here at bimmerfest. Please understand that our confrontations leaked from bimmerforums to here and I apologize for I handled it incorrectly.

Geezer, I would appreciate it if you would stop posting on my threads both here and especially at bimmerforums.

regards,
hankthetank94
Thanks Hank,
We forgive you.
(I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a shout out though...)

Also, we do not want you to go away discouraged.
So look on the bright side - we brought your post a lot of web traffic. Free advertising!

#44 · (Edited)
I'm starting to loose hope on you man.

Crying out loud.
Your starting to lose hope on me? What do you even mean by that? What 'hope' did you have for me to begin with?

And Geezer, the only thing 'epic' about this post is that you, once again, single-handily ruined my thread. You and I both know you never had to post what you did. I hope you feel good knowing I feel like an absolute idiot in front of the rest of the forum. It was my first thread here and I apologize for posting in the wrong section. I've already said that but I guess I had to say it again.

I did absolutely nothing to you for you to do this to me. Either you can 'PM' me and we can work something out or just leave - it's really up to you.

I'd like this to end since it is going absolutely nowhere. And Geezer I would appreciate a post that isn't a 'joke' for once stating why you feel the need to do this to me and hopefully, I doubt it though, and apology.

regards,
hankthetank94

#46 ·
This has nothing to do with the section you posted, you know that. It's about trying to make a buck on a car that you know has problems. That's cheating and insulting to the BMW community. We are not here to cheat or screw each other on this forum. If I was interested in buying such a car, I'd be thankful to Geezer for the links to bimmerformus. He did not ruin your thread. He simply exposed the truth for all to know and save them headaches . Which, again , is the purpose of this forum.

#48 · (Edited)
First off the car doesn't have any problems. Do you call driving with the e-brake on for 200 yards a problem with the car? I do not, and it still works great. And secondly, I fixed the "crank and power issue" in first thread my man geezer copied and pasted. the camshaft sensors needed cleaning - that's all. And as for the extra little cranks it's the pistons burning off excess carbon in the cylinders - which is also normal. There is nothing wrong with the car so your reply is incorrect and so is Geezer.
And you guys aren't here to "chew and screw" each other??? Are you f***ing kidding me? Was what Geezer did in his first post not "chewing and screwing" me - or whatever you want to call it? Geezer was incorrect about my car and to be honest I think your views on this whole thing are all messed up - you just can't see it because you and Geezer get along fine - which I, in the nicest way, completely understand.
regards,
Hankthetank94

#49 ·
So I've been reading this thread for the 4 days it's been alive. I don't think I'm breaking new ground when I say that these Forums are about brother/sisterhood, family, etc., and, Hank, you ran into it like a brick wall. You started a thread where it did not belong, hawking a flawless car, and when Geezer blew your cover, you attacked him for protecting the family. Hey man, that's what these Forums are about-helping and protecting our E39 enthusiasm.:thumbup: And Geezer deserves a big 'thank you' not your scorn.

Hank, please learn that when joining our community have some humility, some respect for those who have proceeded you. Speak softly and you will earn respect-telling people with thousands of posts and many years of membership what to do and how to act will only bring you ridicule and that will not be the pleasant experience I hope you desire.

I've learned alot in my 70 years (thanks for the mention, Alex) and a healthy respect for humor is necessary no matter where it is and no matter who it's about.

#50 · (Edited)
I would have no problem showing Geezer some respect - if only he showed the same to me and others at bimmerforums - not here. Like I have already stated earlier in this thread, it is a shame that all of you saw me lash out as soon as geezer posted the links. It wasn't because he posted it, but because of threads like these on bimforums:

A kid was happy about buying a 540i but Geezer brought the whole thing down:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1897658 and
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1897658&page=2

Geezer gets all P'od here:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25157100#post25157100

And here:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25148765#post25148765
Granted this kid was really dumb about an oil change, but he was also 17-18 yrs old and I was not pleased with the insults he recieved. I respect the kid even had the balls to admit he messed up that bad. What's funny to me is that I actually took a shot at the kid and laughed with Geezer about it.

And lastly:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1899772
Really geezer? That wasn't funny at all - I wouldn't ever come at a man's wife.

And btw, those links I just posted? All within my first 80 or so posts as a member.

Now I hope you know why I feel the way I do,
hankthetank94

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.