BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lights out problem.

828 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  longerone 
#1 ·
I bough a used 07 BMW 328xi coupe with 290k on the odo. Very clean and functions perfectly. Some weeks ago it started to exhibit a problem resembles a battery terminal loosing contact. The last time it does this the whole power went off, as i slide the drivers seat to asses the back seat, the power suddenly comes back on. As at now the power is off again and the car is locked. I couldn't open the cabin or boot to asses the battery and check for possible corrosion at the battery terminals. Bought the car with key fob only, so no power no asses to boot.
How can i get the boot open to check the battery. Do you think its the battery terminal or some other problem?

#3 ·
I bough a used 07 BMW 328xi coupe with 290k on the odo. Very clean and functions perfectly. Some weeks ago it started to exhibit a problem resembles a battery terminal loosing contact. The last time it does this the whole power went off, as i slide the drivers seat to asses the back seat, the power suddenly comes back on. As at now the power is off again and the car is locked. I couldn't open the cabin or boot to asses the battery and check for possible corrosion at the battery terminals. Bought the car with key fob only, so no power no asses to boot.
How can i get the boot open to check the battery. Do you think its the battery terminal or some other problem?
Doesn't you key FOB have a physical key inserted into it?

Attachments

#6 ·
If its the battery cable BMW says there's a recall on that.....

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes, it sounds like the battery cable could produce the symptoms described by the OP. Cars in the US are covered by the recall. I am not sure the recall covers cars based in Nigeria. :dunno:

:drive:

#7 ·
No cover here, so i have to buy this cable and fix it myself. I hope its not a difficult task. I understand the battery cable came loose at the fuse box. If this is the case, i assume the solution is to find the loose end at the fuse box and re tighten it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.