BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thinking about buying this... would like your thoughts

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kkingmd 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the market for an X1. Went by my dealer here in Texas and they offered me the following deal:

An xDrive Orange (I LOVE the orange)
Moon roof
Power seats
Heated seats
Satin roof rails
Chrome trim

The sticker on this is $37,500

They are asking $33,900

Per edmunds.com, this is about $1700 below invoice. The xDrive isn't in very high demand down here in hot San Antonio. It rains, quite heavily, but only several days a year. We have over 300 days of sunshine down here.

Thoughts on getting xDrive essentially for free? Is it worth the extra weight, complexity, maintenance, loss of fuel efficiency, etc?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Kevin

See less See more
#4 ·
I live in Dallas and if I could have leased an XDrive for the price that I negotiated our sDrive, I would have. However, we went for options (MSport, lighting, ultimate, 19s) over the hydraulic steering. The EPS in ours seems to be better than the 2012 328i loaners I've had. At the end of the day we don't really need xDrive here but your deal sounds pretty good. If you're getting what you want for a price you consider to be fair, then get it. Don't sweat having an "extra" option.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#5 ·
decent price, IMO but xDrive is not free. There is a substantial sacrifice in MPGs with it over the sDrive. Given where you live, I think I'd pass on it but I haven't driven an sDrive yet and the deal maker/breaker may be the steering feel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.