BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear fogs!

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  MRCW 
#1 ·
Everyone loves free and easy mods. Having done this on my E90, I knew it wasn't a problem with this model, just hadn't messed around with it yet. Found a thread elsewhere and decided to give it a whirl. With the BSW tools it took me about 10 minutes.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
So your vehicle can be seen more clearly from the rear in poor visibility.

#3 ·
Foggy mountain passes? To counter those who drive in heavy rain with just their DRLs on and no taillights? They are useful in torrential downpours to keep those behind aware that you're there.

#6 ·
I did it on my E90 about 7 years ago! Back then you pretty much had to buy the Euro switch, which I may do regardless.

#7 ·
Yes, my first E90 I did have to get a Euro switch but the newer E90 (LCI) I currently have just required some tabs to be snapped off and the block removed without having to buy a switch.

My 335d has the rear fogs but the switch is blank. Look on E90 Post.

#11 ·
Yeah I had the very first 330i in my city, and that was definitely the model that required the Euro switch. IIRC it was a 7/2005 build.

#14 ·
I ordered the proper rear fog switch unit, which should arrive by Friday. Anybody want the working rear fog switch I did? I know some folks had issues taking it apart. PM me with an offer :D

#16 ·
Got it installed!

Attachments

#18 ·
The modified switch is now listed on a certain online auction site :D

#23 ·
We use ours in strong rains here in Florida.many people use their hazard lights for better visibility, but that is illegal.this is definitely a worthwhile mod if used properly

Sent from my GT-P3113 using BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.