BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Help!-Trying to configure 28i

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Shaw 
#1 ·
Option 1: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps

Option 2: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, Heated Seats & Wheel

Option 3: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, DHP Pkg

Option 4: Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Sports Act Pkg, Cargo Nets, Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps, Heated Seats & Wheel, DHP Pkg

Definitely know I want Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Cargo Nets (think I will use it), Comfort Access, Xenons, BMW Apps...

In the air are: Sports Act Pkg,Heated Seats & Wheel and DHP Pkg

Arrgh...so hard to make a decision.

#7 ·
Where did you hear that?

I've seen that the automatic tailgate option and cars ordered without NAV are on backorder, but haven't seen anything regarding comfort access.

#4 ·
Some options are kinda essential and others are sort of "nice to have"... (again this has totally to do with personal tastes)

In Canada, for a 28i, you can go for 3 packages. In US, you will find different packages but essentially all boil down to same features. My point of view:

Technology Package which includes:
- BMW on Board Navigation Package (must have)
- BMW TeleServices (bias)
- BMW assist w/extended Bluetooth (must have- driving regulations)
(I have had built in Nav. as well as standalone. Never like the standalone. Always have to think about taking the GPS with me or not leaving it on the dash,... So for me a built-in Nav is a must!)

Premium Package:
- Panorama Sunroof (nice to have- but if you have it once, you'd always want it)
- X-Line Package (nice to have)
- Auto Dimming ext Mirros (handy and practical)
- Auto Dimming int Mirrors (handy and practical)
- Park Dist Control (very handy)
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Corona rings (nice to have)

Executive Package:
- Automatic trunk (nice to have)
- Universal Remote Control (bias)
- Comfort Access (having had a car before with this feature and currently a car without it, it's a pain... so now it has become a must have)
- Rear View Camera (nice to have if the park distance control is already there)
- HiFi Sound System (for those interested in music or people who spend a lot on the road, it's a must have- like myself)

And there are some additional features that come standard on Canadian cars which are optional (i think) on the US version such as:
- Heated front seats (in Canada and colder climates, it's a must have. In California - and specially where I used to live- Torrance,LA, back in late 80s, it is definitely a nice to have ;-D )
- Heated steering wheel (must have)
- Multi-function steering wheel (nice to have- but most cars have it nowadays)
- Dynamic Cruise Control (must have)

I don't exactly know what's in every US package, but i'm sure you'd be able to find them above...
By the way, I went for all 3 packages, as I couldn't exactly choose individual feature (a marketing technique!)

#11 ·
Thanks!
You got me worried because I was very careful not to order mine with any parts that were known to be out of supply.

#10 ·
That one is false.
You can still order without nav, but it will take longer to produce because they are short on some of the parts for non-nav cars.

#13 ·
I think I can live without the heated seats (though they are nice to have). I want the comfortable seats so I am leaning towards the Sports Act Pkg but am I going to regret not getting DHP Pkg? There are so many mixed things said about it. It sounds great if all is well but huge potential to create problems should there be any issue (rattling/ sound).

#14 ·
Although everyone here seems to think they have to have the DHP, I suggest that is really not the case. It's a bit of getting all the "toys" even if you will never use them, but you can say you have "it". I am guilty as well. I came from a M3 Sedan - I don't expect an X3 35i, even with DHP, to handle anywhere near the M3. If it's extreme track use or road "racing" you are after, don't get an X3.

Most ppl will be just as happy without the DHP - don't be pressured into it on here.

#16 ·
In Canada, you can't order the DHP on 28i and it only comes on 35i... (not sure if that's the case in US)
But I also agree, that the DHP is not all that necessary...I drove both types...I love BMW driving w or w/o it...
(don't forget marketing!!! everyone's gotta make a living... extra options make good money for suppliers...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.