BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need Service in Maryland (Rockville/Bethesda)

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  SharkD 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good shop to service my 02 M3SMG and X5. I no longer want to take them to VOB for service. Does anyone know of a good shop in the Rockville or Bethesda areas in Maryland?

Thanks.

#4 ·
NOT VOB.

Drive to NOVA and Sterling, or up to Baltimore and Russel. Sterling I only know from others. Russel is who my car goes to, and I live up in Aberdeen.

#8 ·
Try Excluservice. It's also in Rockville, off Twinbrook Pkwy and Parklawn Drive. Did an alignment there, and they seem to do a pretty decent job, the shop is clean, etc.. They also give BMW CCA discounts.

We service regularly at VOB also. I don't have major issues with their work, its just that they never give us a BMW loaner even if we request it in advance and go at the crack of dawn when they open at 730am. They also seem a bit overbooked occasionally.

#11 · (Edited)
www.dvsmith.net/bmw/dc_service_shops.html

The three D.C. wrenches that I inherently trust:

Dan Martin - Gaithersburg
Grant Randall - Alexandria
Tom Baruch - Falls Church

Excluservice and J&F are long past their prime and serve only to overcharge customers.

Most of the dealers, save Sterling and Tischer, do crappy work for huge sums of money. VOB is, aside from Towson, the worst of the worst, unless you enjoy paying $11 for a single M12x60mm bolt. (True story -- they were the only parts dept in the area with E30 brake bracket bolts.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.