BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

OK people, let's liven up the regional thread some!

10K views 173 replies 12 participants last post by  pseto 
#1 ·
Methinks this little backwoods hole in Bimmerfest needs some lighthearted banter reserved especially for those of us living in the mid-Atlantic.

I used to be part of Maxima.org a few years ago and we had a VERY lively little mid-Atl. sub-forum. Part of the reason it became so lively was due to the excessive post-whoring that happened there. Everyone goofed off on the .org and really got to know eachother better. You know what happened? We all hung out at BBQ's, had great meets, worked on eachother's cars and generally all got along very well.

So, to this extent, I propose that this be the official Mid-Atlantic Post-whoring thread! I don't care if you just say "hi" or if you post up a funny pic, just post something. Maybe we'll just happen to get to know other BMW enthusiasts in the DC metro aread...

#5 ·
yeah but having an good old fashion E36b.... :p

Besides, I like the people here. It's about time some of you guys liven up a bit locally. I know there are several local people that are on this board.

#7 ·
I'll bite. Itd be nice to get some more traffic on this board. The spotted thread seemed like it was working for a while.

Normally in a thread sanctioned for whoring id post some of the car since she looks better on camera, but i dont have any new ones.

Besides, i havent paid the 45k admission fee to post on e90:p

#26 ·
Hey if ya'll want some company im always looking for good roads/drives.

I think you guys would toast me, ive got more weight in my engine bay than the combined weight of your cars:p
I'm not so sure about the weight! Mine is 3,040 lbs. :thumbup:

Tubby little guy, if you ask me! I would have thought, by the looks of it, that it would have weighed around 2,500.

Granted, I did pull a 13.55 quarter mile time last fall... Probably only a second or two faster than your limo. :eeps:

#29 ·
i dont think anyone is autocrossing at Ripken anymore. they shut it all down for some reason which is why we couldnt use their facility this year

#38 ·
#46 ·
never did it but I'm always up for a challenge! I hear it's far easier with two people anyway. Besides, mine is on my to-do list anyway.

Ever fix a rear subframe? :eeps: How about a rear sway bar that slipped out of the bushing? :dunno:

As I said in the Z forum: when it rains, it pours... just hopefully not through your small tears...

#47 ·
So I met Randy Forbes yesterday...

I'm not doing my subframe. Randy is definitly going to do it. Anyone who has a 3-er with a subframe problem needs to see Randy's work before trying it themselves. I've honestly never seen work look as professional as his does. He had one on the lift (silver MZ3) that was nearly complete and I got to see the finished product in the back. All I gotta say is WOW!

#51 ·
The artistry in his work brought a tear to my eye...

..or was it because I was looking up at the rear subframe trying to wiggle the diff with no goggles on? :dunno:

#54 ·
damn you and your thursday night get-togethers...

BTW: i don't know where Zodiac is. From the post, it looks to be an empty parking lot in Columbia. With nothing else than to stare at each other's cars and pat everyone on the back for an obviously blessed life for owning a BMW, wouldn't the meet be a tad boring?

Methinks we need someone with a nice underground pool, a BBQ, and a cooler to put cold beer in for a nice Saturday get together....

...or we can just reserve a lot at Rock Creek Park or something like that.

#58 ·
#59 ·
if you work in Columbia, give me a call around 11:30. Maybe we can meet up for lunch as I'll be driving through there then.

#71 ·
you coming out for the wine tour?

If so, you and pseto have to stop at my house on the way back home. Maybe we can fire up the grill a bit! :thumbup:

#88 ·
So I did a mod for the wine tour last night. Can you spot it?

How about here:

What about this one?

OK, I'll give you a big hint:

Oh, and I cleaned it up as well. :dunno:

Little wash, wax, engine detailing, window cleaning, vacuuming, and armor-all...

Gratuitous engine shot:

Blurry brand-whore shot:

I'm all ready for our local wine tour now on Saturday! The interior is just as clean as the exterior and engine bay. :bigpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.