BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

!st scheduled maintenance...where to go?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  CleanKM 
#1 ·
Hello Bimmerfest

I am new to BMW - purchased a 2008 328xi at Carmax Rockville. Time for maintenance. I bought the extended warranty, which theoretically allows me to go anywhere. What do you know about Carmax BMW service? I'm a little nervous about it. Suggestions?

Thanks

#3 ·
After trying to call the service department at BMW of Fairfax numerous times, only to leave a message in the general voicemail box and then in a specific Service Advisor's voicemail box, with no response, I called BMW of Arlington. I got through to a service advisor on the first try, and he was knowledgeable and extremely helpful over the phone. I'm ashamed of myself that I can't remember his name, but when service is due, there's no doubt in my mind that I'll take it to BMW of Arlington.

#7 ·
Service success at SS BMW

It was a bear to get them on the phone; however Larry Sevrin, the general manager promised that they are switching over their phone system. I hope so. I was on hold for 35 minutes.

Larry was very accommodating as a service advisor; noticed my floor mats were slipping and put in all new ones. My 328xi is under warranty until next spring so he suggested I come in before that and any warranty work that was needed done. Nice!

#8 ·
I would not wait til the spring. Take it in soon so if there are issues, they can be resolved before you are pressed for time. I purchased from VOB and the sales guy was outstanding but after 1st service visit I decided to stick with BMW of Sterling which is near me. I think they have improved their service department but their service in take is slow. I am now after warranty and I have used Eurasion in Tyson's Corner and Autoscandia in Herndon. Both good and will save you some. After the warranty consider one of these shops who use BMW trained mechanics with years of experience. One big negative of these shops for needed work is they don't have loaners. They use only BMW parts.

#14 ·
BMW of Silver Spring (aka Tischer) is my choice for work when I do not have time to do it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.