BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

On the Turandot

28K views 300 replies 20 participants last post by  dmurray14 
#1 ·
Just got booked on the Turandot, leaving Bremerhaven tomorrow. Anyone else on it?

#33 ·
Tutandot has departed from Halifax, so have to hope New York port is operational

#36 ·
Just posted this on f10.mpost

Latest update from BMW NA

Jersey City Vehicle Distribution Center
***8226; These facilities are currently without power and will remain
closed, Wednesday, October 31. Utilities are working to restore
power, however, they are unable to determine when power will return
due to the widespread affects of the storm.
At least out cars safe and sound on the boat. Hopefully no cars at the VDC have suffered damage (as most cars are in a parking structure/garage only a few should have been exposed to the elements) .
Also the folks from the VDC have likely other things on their mind than our cars and I hope they and their families are safe ! we'll get our cars eventually and still have plenty time to drive them.

Metal can always be replaced.

#37 ·
Just posted this on f10.mpost

Latest update from BMW NA

Jersey City Vehicle Distribution Center
• These facilities are currently without power and will remain
closed, Wednesday, October 31. Utilities are working to restore
power, however, they are unable to determine when power will return
due to the widespread affects of the storm.
At least out cars safe and sound on the boat. Hopefully no cars at the VDC have suffered damage (as most cars are in a parking structure/garage only a few should have been exposed to the elements) .
Also the folks from the VDC have likely other things on their mind than our cars and I hope they and their families are safe ! we'll get our cars eventually and still have plenty time to drive them.

Metal can always be replaced.
Guys I live in downtown Jersey City and we were hit HARD by Sandy. Had 8 ft. of water surrounding my building during the storm. The power was just restored early this morning and I suspect that the VPC is still offline. I can actually see it in the distance from my 8th floor apartment. A nearby dock had 16 Fiskers go up in flames after being flooded out by Sandy.

Im glad that Turnadot is reaching port after the storm. Can't wait to get my car!

#38 ·
Hey all. My car is on the Turandot as well. Been trying to find more information, but this thread is the closest I've gotten. If I find anything new, I'll definitely post. Hopefully everything is ok with no damage to ship, crew, and cars. I don't even want to think about what's going on at the VDC itself. Lol.

#39 ·
NJ has been replaced with Baltimore as port of entry.
Assuming the cars will be processed at the VPC in Baltimore.

#41 · (Edited)
Hi guys and gals. LIQUIX over at m3post informed me about this thread.

Dropped off my car in Munich on 10/4 and have been stalking the Turandot since the 17th. It doesn't appear anyone else on m3post is on the ship, so I'm stoked to find a thread where everyone is all stuck on the same boat. :)

With the Turandot now headed to Balto. I've got an email in to Dave Avilles and hopefully I'll soon have some info on delays, etc...

Here's a link to my thread at m3post about Sandy. Your thread here has more info, but I'll leave this here anyways.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764563

#42 ·
Sounds good. We're all trying to keep up to date. I really think heading to Baltimore is probably the best bet. Frankly, I forgot about Baltimore and expected our cars to go down to Brunswick and back up - North Jersey is a mess right now and it looks like the VDC isn't close to opening, and when it does I'm sure there will be a long line of cars to process.

Don't know how this will affect our delivery time though.

#43 ·
Yep Baltimore is the best option. The VPC there can process around 400 cars a day so hopefully delays should be not too bad (no idea how long the line of cars is)
Given the ship arrives on Saturday (current schedule shows an arrival of 11/3) I am assuming nothing will happen over the weekend .

#45 ·
The original ETA for Brunswick, GA was 11/5, just saw the latest update that it is now 11/6. All things considered, a 1 or 2 day delay is more than understandable.

#46 ·
I'm on the turandot as well. Dropped it off in Antwerp on 9/30 but it was after hours. They were going to deliver to the drop off warehouse on 10/1 but they did keep it in a safe underground garage for the weekend.

Unfortunate that we are delayed a couple days and it has moved South (I live in north nj) but due to these unforeseen circumstances, it's a small price to pray. Hope no one was very adversely affected by the storm!

I'm without power for what is now approaching 3 full days.

#50 ·
At least the ship is now docked and will be unloaded .... once the cars are ready at the VPC your dealer will see them showing up in their system so they can order the NAV codes

#53 ·
Hmm , not sure what you mean by "BMW Service" message. Normally you don't get any notification from their system as the dealer is the only one who has insight into the process from the VDC onwards
They will see your car show up in the system once it's ready for transport to order the NAV codes
But maybe you can share with us the message you received and we can inquire with our dealers (as you're in Boston maybe we are using the same dealer)

#58 ·
My dealer is also in Boston area (BMW Sudbury); I had been expecting the VPC to make some minor repairs (driver mirror glass stolen & replaced with temporary European spec mirror, minor wheel damage), but now wonder if the VPC in Baltimorre will have the condition report paperwork (does it travel with car or now in New Jersey; mostly closed uo for lack of power?), so far I have been unable to find out how that will work.

#55 ·
At least it barely made it off the boat on the 3rd ;-)

DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 03-11-2012 23:59:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 16-10-2012 22:03:42 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 16-10-2012 10:49:34 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 11-10-2012 11:06:09 1

#60 · (Edited)
Here is latest on my car and probably others.
Discharged Baltimore on Nov 3; released from Customs in Woodcliff, New Jersey on Nov 5; liner release Baltimore on Nov 5 (BMW now has the car). What is interesting is that Customs clearance is listed as happening in NJ. I have attached the W&W Cargo Details report report.

Attachments

#61 · (Edited)
Here is another update. For some reason I have been unable to track the car on BMW's site, but I just talked with my CA and he said that BMW shows the car as being in NJ; if that is actually true than it was trucked from Baltimore to the NJ VDC and explains why it cleared Customs in Woodcliff, NJ and not Baltimore.

#68 ·
Woodcliff Lake is where BMWNA is, and every single WW track and trace I've seen has the customs release as Woodcliff Lake. I am sure it is just electronic from BMWNA.

More importantly, from what I've seen, the status isn't effective until there is a "1" in the quantity column. So, we're close, but they probably haven't cleared customs yet.

#66 ·
I'd guess the customs release etc is just the electronic process.
Maybe they really did go trough customs over the weekend (which would be great)
I highly doubt they'll be trucked to the VPC in NJ as it's still closed and unclear when/how they will open
Also the VPC/VDC in Baltimore (operated by MB USA :) ) should likely be able to take care of the cars.
I'd also assume any damage report etc would travel electronically with the car (but I'm in IT so likely make a lot of assumptions :) )

#70 ·
Also no "1" ....anyone else on this boat waiting for their car in NJ? ...I need to call my CA and make sure the service department doesn't put the dealer emblem or sticker on the car.

Status Status Location Date
(DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) Status Quantity

LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 05-11-2012 10:00:13
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 05-11-2012 00:00:00
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 16-10-2012 10:47:02 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 10-10-2012 15:50:45 1

#71 ·
Also no "1" ....anyone else on this boat waiting for their car in NJ? ...I need to call my CA and make sure the service department doesn't put the dealer emblem or sticker on the car.

Status Status Location Date
(DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) Status Quantity

LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 05-11-2012 10:00:13
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 05-11-2012 00:00:00
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 16-10-2012 10:47:02 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 10-10-2012 15:50:45 1
Yes, I am in (South) Jersey too!

#76 ·
With the car still a few weeks away from delivery doesn't it seem like an eternity since you picked it up? I just found this video of our delivery at The Welt on 9/17. I completely forgot that I took the time to take this video :). You can watch it at: http://levack.co/welt/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.