BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

allow me to reintroduce myself

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  CALWATERBOY 
#1 ·
Last time I was on this site was probably july of 2012, back when I had my e46 323i. I have since saved up and bought a 07 e92 335i M-sport pckg. So there are a few things I'd like to ask about this new (to me) car. I'm sure you've seen these questions before, and I apologize in advance for not searching for a dozen different threads. So here I go.

Im looking for more low end power from the N54 stock setup. As Im sure everyone in this forum know from first or second hand experiance there isn't a lot of power until the turbos kick in. Im not looking to do a lot of major work to my engine, mostly bolt ons will make me happy.. does the aFe cold air intake that replaces the top of the stock MAF better than an unsealed regular aFe intake? Corsa Exhuast is what Im looking to get to improve sound. Any Corsa Owners that can give me a first hand review of their RSC exhaust? I read on here throttle bodies are just hype. So what else could I do for the extra gain in power. Im not looking to piggyback at all. I'm a fan of marjority stock setups. Last Im IN LOVE with the voristeiner GTRS3 wide body kit... is there anyway to get it on my 335i!? or is the best Ill ever get is the one by prior designs?

#7 ·
Lol I like that you have left out the word "last" which was kind of proving my point. Well congratulations, this thread is more than likely been ruined by this banter, so right or wrong you've still won. For future reference, if you have no insight, don't just comment and be an ass. It's people like you that ruin forums

#8 ·
Taking the first sentence and last sentence from the paragraph and then totally ignoring all the stuff in between? You didn't even add a courtesy --SNIP--

You are, in this case, wrong.

Point 1 OP
Point 0 Chris

:)
Besides, you should have come up with more funnies when discussing wide a$$e$

#11 ·
I thought one of the strengths of the N54 is low-end torque. Doesn't torque peak before 2,000 RPM? :dunno:

Perhaps you want more none-the-less, but I figure coming from a E46 323i, the 335i ought to feel like a punch in the gut if you floor it. I don't have a 335i, but from reading the forum, seems like a JB3 is the cleanest, cheapest way to get more power out of the N54.

#13 ·
It is a massive difference between my 323 and my 335 but I'm always craving just a little more from it, ya know? And yes it is peak but I again I'm just looking for that little something else.

#14 ·
Look for JB4, Cobb, BMW PPK... Some sort of tuning will be largest gains, and is less money than the intake and exhaust possibly.

#18 · (Edited)
Last time I was on this site was probably july of 2012, back when I had my e46 323i. I have since saved up and bought a 07 e92 335i M-sport pckg. So there are a few things I'd like to ask about this new (to me) car. I'm sure you've seen these questions before, and I apologize in advance for not searching for a dozen different threads. So here I go.

Im looking for more low end power from the N54 stock setup. As Im sure everyone in this forum know from first or second hand experiance there isn't a lot of power until the turbos kick in. Im not looking to do a lot of major work to my engine, mostly bolt ons will make me happy.. does the aFe cold air intake that replaces the top of the stock MAF better than an unsealed regular aFe intake? Corsa Exhuast is what Im looking to get to improve sound. Any Corsa Owners that can give me a first hand review of their RSC exhaust? I read on here throttle bodies are just hype. So what else could I do for the extra gain in power. Im not looking to piggyback at all. I'm a fan of marjority stock setups. Last Im IN LOVE with the voristeiner GTRS3 wide body kit... is there anyway to get it on my 335i!? or is the best Ill ever get is the one by prior designs?
Forget that stuff....score yer bad self a JB4.

JB4, in addition to offering several canned maps, comes with a custom map in which you can frolic among any number of engine settings.

The answer to your quest lies within.

Only you can find your true self within the possibilities which are the BMW ECU.

Hey good luck - post results here & the coding forum?

Huh? Whaaaa? Not the foggiest what funny ol' Waterboy's spoutin' now?
[click here]

Emoticon Yellow Facial expression Smiley Smile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.