BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Power Steering is dead

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bangsi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,

I got up to go to work today and when i sat in the car to reverse out of my garage, as i tried to steer left, i couldnt do it, my steering wasn't moving, it's very stiff, it would require someone like Chuck Norris or Rambo to move that :rofl: so as i was being late for work i just left it in my garage, now what you guys think might be the cause of this ?

i was thinking either power steering fluid finished, or pump went kapoot.

any thoughts ?

#4 · (Edited)
Lol you wanted results or updates ? Here it is

I come back home after work, go down pop the hood, check the power steering fluid its fine, i start the the car and the steering its smooth ... GREAT or is it ? I decide to take it for a spin and to check if my steering is fixed perm. But it gets all stiffed up and than normal again, (sorta like holding your left index finger with ur right hand and trying to twist the left finger.)

So anyways friends call and we go grab something to eat, come back to start the car.......but its dead, after 3 tries it starts but than i got al lights on and blinking etc...abs is off, dsc is off, alternator fault, transmission failsafe etc.... So after few unsuccessful attempts of reviving the car or trying to get it to shift gears i get pissed off leave the car there and tomorrow will send it to an indy! Effing stupid bmw electronics and brilliant engineering !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.