BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My 328i was just Stolen!

6K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  BMRfanatic 
#1 ·
My fairly 'new to me' 328i 4 door sedan was stolen from an independent BMW Shop
parking lot that I use. We filed the police report and insurance report.
The reason it was at the shop is because the expansion tank sprung a leak, so the
thief probably did not get very far before he fryed my 2.8 engine!
I have it fully insured, will it cover my engine?

#2 ·
Is this IndianBob aka Bob328i?

#4 ·
If the shop had accepted your car for repair then it's their liability for it being stolen from their shop. You didn't indicate what year your car is, but even the pre-EWS cars were not easy to steal.....

#10 · (Edited)
This is Indianbob.

It can't be. At least it's insured, I know I'd be plenty p!ssed in your spot though! Unless it is ole Indian bob, if it is then he's got to be thrilled.
This has got to be Indianbob. He has the same year and color 328i as Indianbob. 328iRob is very similar to bob328i. His location is similar to indianbob. Finally the most damning piece of evidence last we heard from bob328i he was taking his car to a shop to fix a leak in the cooling system, that was probably from the expansion tank. link

Attachments

#13 ·
Honestly this is probably the best thing for Indianbob. The insurance company is going to give him way more money for the car than if he tried to sell it himself. So, now he can be done with e36's and buy any else to replace it and we never have to hear from him again:D.

That thought crossed my mind when I first thought it was Indianbob, but I need some prof before a assume something like that.

#15 ·
Sometimes shops will leave the keys in a car on their lot. Bad idea, but it happens. If the vehicle is not recovered, someone's insurance will cover it.

/thread

P.S. OP: Come clean if you are indeed our beloved Indian Bob.

#19 ·
OH MY GOD! I couldn't stop laughing! Had a large belly laugh too! Now don't get me wrong, I spurt the same stuff when I am getting underneath my cars to fix something, but wow, not this bad! Plus I already knew about BM Trouble Yous before I bought my two cars. I enjoy tinkering a lot and don't mind working on one of my favorite types of BMWs. The satisfaction of it working with new parts feels euphoric. :D

IndianBob, my heart goes out to you sir. I was going to ask if you could send me your car. I will have it up and running and working great in no time. I will pay for shipping.

#21 ·
IndianBob, my heart goes out to you sir. I was going to ask if you could send me your car. I will have it up and running and working great in no time. I will pay for shipping.
If you want Indianbob's car you will have to ask the world's nice car thief for it.:rofl:

#22 ·
Id say its bob just on the Op's complete lack of posting upon us noticing the similarity.

#23 ·
Well just in case it is found and returned with the same coolant problems, I want the car. The only thing I would need is a leak down test to make sure the engine didn't overheat too long and warp the cylinder head. Worse yet, smashing the gas pedal while it is overheating instead of coasting to a stop at a safe spot.

Why did he call himself IndianBob anyways?

#24 ·
Indianbob already try to sell it on the forum and wanted $3,800:yikes::rofl:.

I do not know why he calls himself Indianbob. Your guess is as good as mine.

#32 · (Edited)
Maybe, but if that was the case, I'd probably be clever enough to not list the same color, year, and model of car, plus the same (or similar) location, and a scarcely different screen name. That's what I don't understand. If he's trying to get a fresh start, then he's not exactly going about it in the most effective way. And isn't there a limit to how many accounts you can open from one IP, or is there a way around that?

But if it's IndianBob, and he had his car intentionally "stolen", that's pretty heavy stuff. On the flip-side, if it's IndianBob and his car was actually stolen, it unanimously confirms that he has the absolute worst luck in the universe when it comes to his E36. Either way, it's a major fail.

#33 ·
Hey Guys, he found his car... oddly enough look what was stolen out of it... since the expansion tank and radiator had no coolant in it, I guess he is getting a new engine and only pay a small deductible.

This smells very fishy to me...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1946289&page=3

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but judge for yourselves.

#34 · (Edited)
oh yeah this reeks of an inside job :rolleyes:

OP leaves a key under the seat conveniently with the window ajar so that the "thief" can grab a tank of fuel, a useless OEM tool kit and a 6 disk changer... yet leave the precious engine and differential and body panels unmolested. I'll believe that when me sh!t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

http://www.hark.com/clips/txyrlhrcf...-turns-purple-and-smells-like-rainbow-sherbet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.