BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

DIAS --Bill Dodge

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  16valex 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got a little letter from Bill Dodge concerning the DIAS valve I bought from them last year during our group buy plan. I am wondering who ever bought the part is now expected to go back and pay them a little more because they didn't require at that time we pay them sales tax on the part. Anyone out there have this happen as of yet--recieve a letter on payment concening this?

#2 ·
I did receive the same letter. Wonder why we have to pay their state sale tax while out of state.

#4 ·
I got the letter a few days ago, this only pertains to Maine residents, we can still purchase parts and not pay the Maine sales tax as long as the parts are not shipped to a Maine address.
The letter went out to everyone regardless of where they lived.

#7 ·
I received the same letter - but - interestingly - to my knowledge - I never ordered anything from them (although I did register for the DISA buy - I never bothered to buy it).

The letter implied they would charge our credit cards - but I also threw it away.

Anyone have the letter handy so we can see if it says we 'owe' them or whether it says they'll automatically charge our credit cards?

#8 · (Edited)
They aren't going to charge you anything for past or future purchases.
This is only for people/businesses that are in Maine.
I spoke to Cheryl, she said throw the letter away if you don't live in Maine.

If you have never purchased anything from them you got the letter because you opened up an account with them.

#9 ·
If you have never purchased anything from them you got the letter because you opened up an account with them.
Thanks. I guess it was a clerical error that sent out letters to us in California and elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.