BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Window Clip Replacement

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Milesoffshore 
#1 ·
I have an 01' x5 and the driver window pops when I roll it down and roll it up. My passenger window fell awhile back and I was told this is a common failure on the X5's that if I would have brought it in when the first signs presented the part is just a few bucks. Anyone have a how to on replacing the window clips so my window doesn't fall?

Also the airbag sensor on the driver side seat belt is bad is there a way to replace the sensor or do I need to replace the whole seat belt? Is this something that I can do?

Lastly only one of my headlights auto adjusts leaving one pointed down too low and practically useless any advice on what I can do I hear a new assembly is really expensive....

#2 ·
Heads up on this to anyone researching this issue - there are two metal/ plastic clips that hold each window on the cable tracks. The back clip (closer to the door opening) tends to fail and you need to "help" the window up then it's a bad clip. I just did the job on my driver's side and followed a DIY that recommended using Zip ties as a work-around. Good tip if you're in a bind - but only held up for a bout a week on mine before crumbling more. I looked on eBay and found brand new replacement clips for $5. For the amount of effort going in to tearing your door apart - I highly recommend you BUY new clips and wait the 3 days for them to come in the mail before doing the job and potentially having to do it again later. My .02.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.