BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Default Bluetooth PIN??

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jklevine 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just trying to pair my phone. I've checked all the literature that came with my new car (2005 330ci) and can't find any information on the car's PIN number. Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.

Thanks...

#2 ·
I just was reading there is a default code for 5 series, but 3 series usually come with a laminated card with that info on delivery. Try the last 4 #s of your VIN.

Da5Id said:
Hi,

Just trying to pair my phone. I've checked all the literature that came with my new car (2005 330ci) and can't find any information on the car's PIN number. Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.

Thanks...

#3 ·
e36M3r said:
I just was reading there is a default code for 5 series, but 3 series usually come with a laminated card with that info on delivery. Try the last 4 #s of your VIN.
Thanks for the note. Just tried the last 4 and it didn't work. I looked through all the docs I received on delivery, and no laminated card either. Oh well, I'll call the dealer tomorrow and hope that they have the information available.

#4 · (Edited)
Da5Id said:
Is there a default like 1234 or something? Likely I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow, but thought you all might have some suggestions.
  1. There's no default.
  2. It's on a large white postcard that comes with the car.
  3. The dealer supposedly doesn't know, and so can't tell you.
  4. If you've really lost the card, the passkey is supposedly written on the bluetooth electronics box (but you've got to disassemble your car to get to it).
  5. For your 330ci, you need to have a build date of 9/04 or later (see the sticker on the driver's door jamb).

#5 ·
darrylo said:
  1. There's no default.
  2. It's on a large white postcard that comes with the car.
  3. The dealer supposedly doesn't know, and so can't tell you.
  4. If you've really lost the card, the passkey is supposedly written on the bluetooth electronics box (but you've got to disassemble your car to get to it).
  5. For your 330ci, you need to have a build date of 9/04 or later (see the sticker on the driver's door jamb).
Well I've looked through the black binder with all the materials I received when I picked up the car, and there is no postcard or anything with a passkey (definitely didn't lose it). The car is bluetooth equipped, as it's a 1 month old car with Assist, and I was able to find the car when searching for bluetooth devices with my Moto RAZR. I just sent an email to my salesperson asking her if she, or the service department has it in their records. Hopefully they just forgot to include the postcard in the binder I received when I picked up the car.

Thanks again for the info.

#6 ·
If you don't have the card, you can do one of two things:

1) Rip open your trunk liner and look at the TCU and get the pairing PIN from the labels on the TCU.
2) Take it to the dealer and have them hook it up to their computer and read the PIN from the car.

#8 ·
icemanjs4 said:
Did you check your glove compartment? It's usually hiding in there with the new cars.
Yes I checked every nook and cranny. Sent an email to my salesperson last night and received a reply back at 11:30pm from her that she'll check into it first thing this morning. Best salesperson I've ever dealt with btw.

#9 ·
Da5Id said:
Yes I checked every nook and cranny. Sent an email to my salesperson last night and received a reply back at 11:30pm from her that she'll check into it first thing this morning. Best salesperson I've ever dealt with btw.
Just curious, is that VOB in Rockville? My sales guy was also very helpful during the sales process.

#10 ·
markl53 said:
Just curious, is that VOB in Rockville? My sales guy was also very helpful during the sales process.
Yes, VOB in Rockville. I literally just got back from there, and they retrieved the PIN code from the computer. Bluetooth works great!

I've heard negative press about VOB on various forums, but my saleswoman was, and still is, absolutely fantastic (YMMV).

#11 ·
Da5Id said:
Yes, VOB in Rockville. I literally just got back from there, and they retrieved the PIN code from the computer. Bluetooth works great!

I've heard negative press about VOB on various forums, but my saleswoman was, and still is, absolutely fantastic (YMMV).
I just bought my new 3 series from VOB and I thought they were excellent as well. My salesman really went out of his way to be helpful and I thought it was a much better experience than at any other BMW dealer. They are usually pretty arrogant but if I get another BMW it will be from VOB. They also had the best price by far and dont charge a dealer fee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.