BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Intake pictures...

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  downhiller 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of their intake set up or the top view of the engines on the M20? I've run into some problems and would like to compare mine to others and see is its set up right or if its been rigged. Here is what mine looks like. I've developed some idling issues and wonder if this set up has anything to do with it. Can't imagine that all those hoses are supposed to be running across the intake.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep I had a coolant leak from that exact hose you speak of. Took me 2 long hours of cursing and frustration before I finally got the hose on and the hose clamp tightened. But besides that yes that vacuum line set up has definitely been rigged like that. Not completely sure why you would run hoses over a hot intake manifold but I guess some people just don't think.

#5 ·
I'm still trying to figure out if its vehicle specific or not b/c the diagram above shows the hose I'm replacing #11 laying across the intake. Is anyone able to definatively say if this correct. I'm guessin it might be but that the hose itself was just rigged to restict airflow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.