BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

4everbavarian's ED report

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  okiemark 
#1 ·
Just got back from Germany last night where we picked up our new X3. First, I want to thank this board for all the valuable information and advice I found here.

Delivery:
My wife and I arrived in Munich Thursday morning June 9th. My family picked us up and we got to the ED center around 10 am. After checking in we went upstairs to the bistro to have some coffee/snacks and also signed the bimmerfest book. About 20 minutes later we were called-up and a lady completed the paperwork with us. Then we went out to the garage/ showroom where I spotted Bernhard. After telling him that I am a bimmerfester and fellow Bavarian he took over the rest of the delivery. Bernhard is an awesome guy, he spent lots of time with us explaining every detail of the car. While chatting with him we even found out that he has some friends in the small town we live.

The trip:
Since the main reason of the ED trip was to visit family, to attend my brother’s wedding and (of course) to pick up the car we only went on a small trip down to the Dolomite region in northern Italy where we did some hiking. Overall, we drove a little more than 600 miles.

The car:
2005 X3 3.0, ti-silver w/ grey leather, premium, sport, cold weather, xenons and privacy glass. The car performed very well, especially on the windy (and wet) mountain roads in the Dolomites. The ride of the sport package is nice, a little bouncier than my 2003 325 but I wouldn’t call it hard.

Drop-off:
Dropped off Monday morning (6/20/05). Took only 10-15 minutes, but a lot of traffic on the way there due to ongoing road construction on the A9. So, plan an extra 20-30 min if you are going to drop-off on your way to the airport.

The wait begins….

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Leaving Munich tomorrow for Zurich with the 330 ci's top down. Bernhard was fantastic in the delivery, very enthusiastic and the experience went very smoothly. He recommended a wind screen, something I never thought of and will look into when I get home.
Fred

#4 ·
I like the dramatic mountainscape in your last picture. Ominous weather, but probably perfect for the X3. Congrats on the successful ED! :thumbup:

#6 ·
Spectre said:
I like the dramatic mountainscape in your last picture. Ominous weather, but probably perfect for the X3. Congrats on the successful ED! :thumbup:
Thank you. It started raining when got up to the pass (2240m/7350ft above sea level) and temps were in the low 40s. At one point, there was also some frozen rain.

#7 ·
4everbavarian said:
Thank you. It started raining when got up to the pass (2240m/7350ft above sea level) and temps were in the low 40s. At one point, there was also some frozen rain.
Good fun going through those passes. Did you encounter lots of cyclists going up or down? Nearly as impressive as watching the Tour de France, esp. the 50 year old guys with a gut trying to do it.

#8 ·
Tanning machine said:
Good fun going through those passes. Did you encounter lots of cyclists going up or down? Nearly as impressive as watching the Tour de France, esp. the 50 year old guys with a gut trying to do it.
Yes, we saw a group of cyclists on the pass just coming up from the other side. Not much fun in that weather. I biked the loop around the Sella group 10 years ago on a nice day. Beautiful, amazing views.

#9 ·
I thought u were another German!

I remember seeing you, thinking "Yeah, those tall, blonde hair German guys! Wonder what they think of us Americans coming over to buy their cars?" Ha! So, you were the guy that scarfed up Bernhard.... :tsk: Actually, the guy I got was from a family of doctors, and we had a great visit, took his time to go through the i-drive and everything else thoroughly, and did not rush me...made we wonder if I should leave a tip! I didn't want to insult him...

It rained a little almost every day we were in Bavaria, Saxony-Anhalt, and Hamburg, and in June it is cooler than you might expect. The little German streets and the Alps must make that X3 an absolute joy to manuever :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.