lets see some BIMMER POWER :thumbup:
POST A PICTURE OF YOUR E36 :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

your turn :p

See less See more
#11,407 ·

She is still dirty so be nice. :)

I have not looked but does anyone know right off hand what model these wheels are?

Not digging this intake, looks ghetto. Filter is behind driver side fog light hole. It appears to be the oil sprayed kind so I tried driving in the rain yesterday. Car likes to get sideways in rain.

Anyway, here she is. Love it or hate it, I don't care.

Future mods are:

replace all bushings (my god there is a lot of them)
replace engine/trans/diff mounts
racelands
short throw
header (already have Active Autowerke from cat back)
interior needs quite a bit of work but not bad for a 20 year old car

honestly the list goes on and on

#11,411 · (Edited)
Besides having 15% more torque and a half second quicker to 60, no, they're very similar.

But holy hell, take that e46 bumper off. It's like this: people who know nothing about cars won't notice anything out of the ordinary (no gain). People who do know about cars will point and laugh (no gain). Putting a fake E46 M3 bumper on an E36 is like looking at a horrid old lady who's had tons of plastic surgery to her face. It doesn't match, and it just isn't natural.

#11,413 ·
He's not hating, he's giving you an opinion that is much respected. Thats all. If someone went to the club with some camo overalls, you'd probably laugh right and think to yourself 'wow, he looks like ****, why would he go out like that?' It just doesn't go together and neither does your car. Just saying.

#11,415 · (Edited)
****ty picture of a poor neglected m3 I just picked up. Thank god it was only $1000. Bumper was replaced(incorrect) leaks coolant, flat tire and a rust spot or two. She's definitely a WIP
Good thing it was so cheap. It's not an M3.

It has ///M mirrors, yet non-M door trim, a non-M bumper...

#11,416 ·
Don't know if it matters but the front bumper was replaced when it got in a wreck. I honestly don't know about the trim, but it is a European model if that matters. I'm always willing to learn new things, but I believe the title that says 94 m3 too lol. Btw, is there a way to verify the engine as being m/ non-m? The underhood decal went Mia during the wreck repairs apparently

#11,417 ·
Just show us a picture of the engine, we can tell you for certain. If you read up to post 11402 or 11403 you'll see the ///M side trim. It is about 2" wide (2.5 cm) opposed to 1" wide for the non-M trim.

Welcome to the 'Fest btw,

Ed.

#11,418 ·
I'll snag some more pics in a couple hours when I get off duty. Any things in particular I should get pictures of? Also, is there a Vin designation that would verify the identity of the vehicle as m/non-m? I'm a Mercedes guy so this stuff is new to me lol. Btw, this is a German car in Germany if it matters

#11,419 ·
No worries, I got the Euro car bit ;)

My winter beater is a W126. I'm familiar with Benz too :)

Yes, post up your VIN, as well as a pic of your engine bay, we'll be able to tell right away what you've got.