BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The $95k E46 M3

21K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  e_andres55 
#1 ·
:yikes: :eek:

Who was that celebrity who spent $100,000 on that Fast & Furious white Jetta? Someone should inform him this is for sale! :rofl:

Link

clieberman said:
Well folks, the time may have come to part with this beast, as we are close to finishing off print magazine features and we have undertaken another project. Please view the below specs and write up on this car. Pics will be added in coming hours/days.

Here's your chance to own 1 of the most prestigious BMW M3's ever built. Known as the "UBER M3" and built by award winning project vehicle designer Craig Lieberman, this car is a compilation of custom and exotic performance and styling parts from around the globe.

Many may remember Lieberman for his world-famous orange Toyota Supra of "The Fast and The Furious" or for his Nissan Maxima or silver Skyline, also used in the movies. His Supra fetched bids of over $120,000 on E-Bay. Keep in mint that was after the car already earned its' owner appearance fees totaling more than $100,000. His Skyline sold for nearly $200K.

Magazines such as MaxPower, ADDX, OpGezet, Banzai, Redline, HCI, TuningWerks, Performance BMW LS Speed and Style are preparing to run features. A deal was signed with the toy company Real Wheelz who is making a 1/18th scale model of the car.

This M3 has already appeared in a movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" and has been written into the script of "Fast and Furious 3" (the scriptwriter, Chris Morgan, is a friend.)

Although a handful of people are attempting to replicate this car, few have equaled this car's level of perfection. If you think all widebody cars are built the same way, crawl underneath them. The paint, body kit and body work cost $25,000 alone.

The front grilles, side gills and rear underbody diffuser are 100% carbon fiber, NOT overlays. Factory bi-xenon lights have been upgraded;Angel Eyes were installed directly by the manufacturer. Even the foglights were upgraded to HID's. Over $2500 in lighting alone in this car.

Exterior
2002 BMW M3 (SMG II)
Flossman GTR-style wide body kit
PPG Monterey candy blue paint
Umnitza Angel Eyes conversion kit for Bi-Xenon lights
Umnitza 6000K Xenon bulb upgrade
Umnitza 6000K HID Foglights
Stealth Auto euro bulbs
CA AutoTech UK Carbon Fiber Roundel replacements, front/rear
CA AutoTech UK Carbon Fiber front grilles (not overlays)
CA AutoTech UK Carbon Fiber side kidney gills (not overlays)
CA AutoTech UK Carbon Fiber rear bumper under-body diffuser
CF Prototype carbon fiber engine accessory covers, HID ballast box cover, fuse box cover

Suspension/Brakes
KW Ver 3 coil overs, 28 way adjustable
Stop Tech 14" front with 4 piston calipers cross-drilled rotors
Stop Tech 14" rear with 4 piston calipers cross-drilled rotors
Braided Stainless lines
Benfer Performance Carbon Fiber strut tower bar
Hotchkis Tuning Sway Bars
SPC Caster/Camber plates (front)
SPC rear lower control arms

Tires/Wheels
HRE 540R 20 x 11 with 5 inch rear lip, gunmetal centers (rear)
HRE 540R 20 x 9.5 with 3 inch front lip, gunmetal centers, (front)
Continental 305/25/20
Continental 255/30/20

If you're wondering why this car has a more aggressive look than other widebody cars, it's because 20 inch wheels were built to spec with secret offsets. Wheels alone retail for $9200, another $2000 for tires.

Car has KW Suspension's Version 3 variant coilover (28 way adjustable), 14 inch brakes, sway bars are from Hotchkis, caster camber plates and rear control arms from SPC. Why a front and rear brake swap? Because no detail was overlooked and no expense was spared in building this car. Tires, wheels, brakes and suspension would take $25,000 to replicate.

Performance
Gruppe M carbon fiber intake with K&N Filter
Powerchip ECU Upgrade
MagnaFlow full 2.5" dual cat-back exhaust system
Nitrous Express nitrous system (75hp) with dual purge kit
Sun Auto Voltage Stabilizer kit
Sun Auto HyperGround kit

Interior
Sparco Milano racing seats
M3 embroidered floor mats
Blue carbon fiber trim on armrests, dash trim by AutoDynamicsWest.com
AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber brake, gas, dead pedal kit
Kenwood KVT-915DVD AM/FM/CD/TV/DVD/MP3 7"inch motorized touch screen
Kenwood KNA-4100 DVD-based Navigation
Kenwood KTC-H2A1 Sirius Tuner
Kenwood KTC-V500N TV Tuner
Kenwood KHD-CX910 Music Keg
Kenwood KFC-Xr61p Separates (2 sets)
Kenwood KAC-X621 Amplifiers (3 units)
Kenwood KAC-X811D Amplifiers (2 units)
Kenwood KFC-XW1300DVC 12 inch woofers (3)
Kenwood KSC-700CCS Center Channel Speaker
Two Xenarc 7 inch TV screens in quarter windows
One Xenarc 7 inch touch screen w/laptop interface in pod on top of dash
One 10 inch Xenarc TV screen hung from rear roll bar
TeleMaDX PC-based control software for touch screen interfaces
Passport SR7 Radar/Laser detector/shifter, built in and hidden
BelTronics Performance meter with PC-based interface
Dell Latitude Laptop/PC 1.8 GHz with CD-R/DVD and 14 inch screen
Optima Gell Cell Battery
Sparco Harnesses
Sparco Milano Seats
Roll Cage: (PSR) Temecula, Calif.
Custom installation; by Audio Toyz

Like every other component on this car, the interior is an exercise in extreme engineering and creativity. A blue carbon fiber process was developed especially for the interior of this car; much of the black factory plastic has been bathed in it. Carbon fiber AC Schnitzer pedals lay at the driver's feet.

Sparco red suede racing seats and harnesses wrap the driver and passenger in comfort. A custom pod on top of the dash houses a touch screen TV that interfaces with the laptop, which is mounted atop an owner-designed fully show-chromed roll cage. The bar that supports the laptop is easily removed with 2 polished allen head crews in seconds.

The roll bar also holds 2 additional TV's facing out each of the side 1/4 windows and also holds a swing down monitor near the rear window of the car. Additional viewing screens are in the trunk. There's also a camcorder mount on the roll cage.

There's $20,000 in audio/video equipment alone, before installation.

The car features 2 full navigation systems, 1 in the Kenwood head unit, 1 in the laptop. The laptop contains performance-measuring software which gathers data from a windshield mounted sensor. Another great feature is the Kenwood Music Keg. Basically a hard drive for the car, this device holds some 2500 songs and makes CD changers obsolete.

Red LED's are placed throughout the sound system, including in the door speakers and in the trunk. At night, the car is aglow with tastefully executed lighting. LED's were chosen over cheesy cheap neon tubes, another testament to the car's overall build quality.

PRICE
Used examples of a 2002 M3 are selling for about $45,000 in stock or near stock condition. New M3's sell for around $62,000 if you opt for HID's, moonroof, Navigation and premium wheels.

With $80,000 in parts alone to build this car; factor in the labor, you can see that more than $120K was invested to build this car, not including the price of the car.

Simply put, the stature, the level of modification and the attention to detail is what makes this vehicle unique. Its' potential placement in Fast and Furious 3, while not confirmed, could provide a huge windfall for the new owner.

You may be thinking, 'I'll just go buy a cheaper BMW and build something similar for less money.' You need to know going in that when you factor in the cost of a complete color change, then try to replicate my audio and custom parts, the total cost of your 323 project car will still come out over $65,000 and it'll take you a year or more to build such a car, not to mention that you'll still be 100+hp short of this M3. If you can't see a difference between this car and a cheaper 323 as a project starting point, this car isn't for you.

With these factors in mind, the car is offered at a very reasonable $95,000, which includes covered Motor Coach door to door shipping anywhere in the contiguous USA. You will not find a better constructed show/street car anywhere. You could drive this car everyday if so desired.

While willing to consider all reasonable cash offers, we are not in a position to take trades (ex. Porsche 996TT/Ferrari), nor can we accept payments.

There is something else you should consider. When driving a car like this, you cannot be prepared for the attention you'll receive. Having owned a Diablo, I can tell you that this car gets a great deal more attention, especially by women, who seem to love M3's. If you like this kind of attention, this car is for you. If not, buy something else.

TERMS:
Upon acceptance of your offer, buyer is to PayPal a $1000 non-refundable deposit. which buys you time, 10 days, in which to complete the transaction. If the balance of the monies are not received by then, we keep your deposit and move on to the next buyer in line.

The car can be made available for inspection at my place of business. You or your proxy would be welcome to inspect the car during normal business hours. Test drive offered only once deposit is received and only with me in the vehicle. If full price is not achieved, offer to ship the car at my cost is rescinded.

We are in no hurry to sell this vehicle and will spend as much time as needed to find the right buyer for this vehicle.

Car will not be parted out, nor will pieces be sold individually. Such inquiries will not receive replies. Tire kickers who want to know "where we got XYZ part" will likewise not receive replies.

Car is sold "AS IS" with no warranties, express or implied. You are welcome to have the car checked by a mechanic at your expense, but again, the ultimate responsibility for checking out the car falls upon the buyer.

Email me at liebermc1@cox.net for more info/pictures.
clieberman said:

#2 ·
Y'know, that actually almost looks good on the outside. Smaller wheels, reasonably sized front tires, and a little less of those stupid holes, I'd actually want that. For a track car.

The interior work is ****.

#4 ·
His car was released in "European Car", Since im not in that business of modifying to the extreme, dont catch me buying that for 100K, if I had 100K...I would be a gentleman's car without such ridiculous modifications....

thats just too much for a regular driver, and I thought my car was overdone.

#5 ·
I like it :eeps:

But for that kinda $$ I'd go new M5 and a beater!

#10 ·
it's because 20 inch wheels were built to spec with secret offsets

oooohhh... secret offsets... :rofl:

Way too ricey for my taste. I'll have a nice stock M3 and save the extra cash.

#12 ·
markseven said:
Hmmm... that pic is gone.

-Mark
Pg.95 of the newest Roundel has a pic of the car and you can see the blue thing through the windshield so I guess it was real. I still think they p-shopped all the vid's on teh screens though.

#16 ·
There's $20,000 in audio/video equipment alone, before installation.
Its a show car. People spend a LOT more than that on show cars. I don't get it, but he's no more nuts than the rest of them. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.