BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

328 vs. Eclipse

9K views 125 replies 19 participants last post by  E36 Phantom 
#1 ·
Old race with the 328 and Eclipse. Just some fun, I plan on buying an M3 e36 next. Anyways just joining the forums.

#82 ·
Haha, wow, lots of DSM guys here.

Welcome to all of you who recently joined who aren't here for arguments! :)
Really, I was just surprised at the guys who posted at the beginning talking crap for no real reason. I agree, we all do have the same passion so I'm cool with you guys.

Lunar,
Personally I don't care for the C/F trim inside or the wheels, but other than that, it looks great! And the work seems to be clean, so :thumbup:

TSG59,
Big ups to you on your car, looks clean, and not at all ricey. BTW, what I said was I didn't think a 350+HP DD DSM that got most of the power from the turbo would be a reliable long term driver, since you kinda got it a bit wrong on 2G ;)

"To be fair, the bimmer guys really didnt start anything. Its when the forum troll decided to step in and spout off, is when things got started.

No wonder other car enthusiasts view alot of DSMers as little 16 year old kids. That forum troll just proved their point." -Slver972 on 2G.

Yes, DSMownsDTM was what really set me off and he was the one who came here to start stuff. Curious to know why exactly Sloww posted a video over here and then sent all of 2G to start hating on us. That's pretty immature, which is what a lot of us end up basing our opinions of DSM owners off of (people like Sloww & DSMownsDTM)

99dsm, you said you've spent about a third the cost of a Bimmer......
I'll let you in on a secret, the E36's are dirt cheap.......picked mine up for 4 grand after my Supra died.

So, with the exception of Sloww, who think's we're all ***'s and started this thread, and dsmowns who gives the appearance of a 10 year old throwing a temper tantrum, welcome DSM guys! Lol.

#83 ·
99dsm, you said you've spent about a third the cost of a Bimmer......
I'll let you in on a secret, the E36's are dirt cheap.......picked mine up for 4 grand after my Supra died.
Sorry i was referring to a 30k for a 2003 bimmer as of 5 to 8k on a dsm + 2k for performance parts. That is how i was seen it. I have seen some BMW locally selling for cheap, that exactly why i joined this forum; so i can learn about the car and when the time comes i could buy one with copnfidence that i know fairly enoughf about them just incase i had any problems with it i could have an idea on what was wrong.

#93 ·
Who the hell are you talking about? Lol.

#89 ·
wow this took off, I was only gone a few hours.

btw, I take back what I said earlier, it was out of line. it just made me upset that people made fun of us for no reason, except for the fact that we own bimmers.

I am glad to see others takin interest in bimmers, and really if you look around they're not that expensive, picked mine up for $3500.

so I guess if your hear to support BMWs or autos in general then welcome, but there is no need to call one another f a g s.

#92 ·
One last thing, after looking at the DSM forum and speaking from experience (this is a little left field tho)..Im sure the DSM drivers would 'attract' a little more police attention than BMW drivers. (ducks for the flaming) BUT, I base this on my experience and (statisicly) there are more defects in higher modded (for want of a better term) ricers, than other makes of cars.

Just looking at the pics in the DSM forum I picked a few defects that in Australia (NSW) would get the car a red (not to be driven) defect notice (also, I dont know what USA laws are in effect and the cars MAY be legal there). Also, Im NOT saying in any way that BMW drivers dont have illegal mods on there BMW's BUT, as the price for perfomance parts for the DSM is cheaper, more wilder parts can be applyed, hence modded BMW's 'may' slip under the radar if you get the pun.

NOW, dont under any circumstance think I am flaming DSM cars, there drivers or there forum or anything, OK. It just my obsersvations.

I can say that in certain parts of NSW (Sydney) cars like the ones in the DSM forum ARE targeted by police because statisticly there are more illegal mods on them. Once again, this is not a put down or a flame, OK

Cone
XXX

#95 ·
here you go e36phantom and platinum325
I would like to be the first person to say that this person in no way, shape or form represents any part of Team 2G. His behavior is reprehensible, childish, and completely unexcusable. Like the others have already said, you guys have a very nice forum here, and we're not trying to trash it up or trouble troll. We like learning about any and all cars.

Also, to Conehead, you are right. There are a lot of illegally modified DSM's floating around out there, and it's a lot harder in the USA to catch the ones that aren't legal, because the laws are so lax. And Honduh's make it that much worse. Chrome tail lights and coffee can mufflers do not a modified vehicle make, IMHO. Your cars are out of my price range, but that's because every time I pull into a lot to look at another car, my baby throws a fit and breaks something else, so that I have to fix her, lol. Oh, well. gotta pay to play, i guess. Again, thanks for understanding that the actions of one person don't reflect the opinionsa of our entire community!

#96 · (Edited)
E36, sorry I got it a bit wrong. I just kinda cruised through it the first time. Anyway though, my car makes most it's power on boost, daily driven, and I'll have exact numbers Friday :) It should be in the 350whp range though. I'll keep you up to date on how long it lasts haha.

And Conehead, I'm not sure what you mean by "illegal" parts. Stolen? Or just not up to emissions and all that. Because technically any modification to the intake system (ie. Turbo) would be illegal. Same with no cat, etc.

My engine bay, a few months ago, a little has changed now but I don't have any up to date pics:

Not much is stock there... and most of it wouldn't be "street legal". And there are definitely people running a lot more then I am, even on Team-2g. I'm a pretty basic setup, just a little shiny.

#106 ·
E36, sorry I got it a bit wrong. I just kinda cruised through it the first time. Anyway though, my car makes most it's power on boost, daily driven, and I'll have exact numbers Friday :) It should be in the 350whp range though. I'll keep you up to date on how long it lasts haha.

And Conehead, I'm not sure what you mean by "illegal" parts. Stolen? Or just not up to emissions and all that. Because technically any modification to the intake system (ie. Turbo) would be illegal. Same with no cat, etc.

My engine bay, a few months ago, a little has changed now but I don't have any up to date pics:

Not much is stock there... and most of it wouldn't be "street legal". And there are definitely people running a lot more then I am, even on Team-2g. I'm a pretty basic setup, just a little shiny.
Mate, not implying that at all. In Aust everything that can be fitted to a motor vehicle MUST have an A.S. (Australian Standards) certification number.

Its a way for the Govt. to regulate what can be added to car etc. The Govt wants to keep modified cars to a certain kw/weight ratio. Its to stop kids from getting a bog Hyundai and turning it into an unsafe 500hp car.

These laws dosnt impead the importation of properly designed performance vehicles.

Heaps of imported crap that dosnt meet A.S. standards is imported from Japan and such places. I will admit that these parts do provide a greater performance boost, but are not certified as Australian Standard. These are the types of mods that police target here.

Its more common for 'ricer' cars to have these mods than say a BMW or other Euopean cars.

It should be noted that police arnt trying to be the 'fun stoppers' but have to draw a line at some stage to keep the fine balance of safety and fun.

Once again, please dont think I was flaming DSM drivers. Each to there own I think

Cone
XXX

#99 ·
Ok, dude, not sure what the issue is, but we are being respectful and I am pretty sure it wouldn't kill you to do the same. Steve is having a discussion with a few of your members about differences between cars, and I am researching on an automotive platform that I am unfamiliar with. We aren't harming anyone, and if one of your moderators asks us to please move along we'll be happy to do so. We weren't the ones bashing BMW's, nor have we in any way violated the forum rules(Yes, I read those too). So you don't like cross-platform debates? This isn't a debate anymore. There was trouble to begin with, but it has been squashed, so please don't revive it to soothe your pride, or make yourself feel special. We are just here to learn about your cars and to educate about ours. If that bothers you, I'm sorry for you. You can never know too much.

#100 ·
Not to break the ice on the seriousness, but I just realized that one of my coworkers used to be a DSM'r with a pretty potent AWD setup. Looooooooooooooong story short, he now drives a white '02 3-series BMW(sorry, I'm not keen on your generations).

But he was following me back to the city from a company outing at a lake and I watched him literally run over a full size dog(we think it was a chow mix/mutt) at about 60mph. It looked like a massive vaccuum cleaner from my rear view mirrors! Needless to say, he made out with just a broken grille, corner light, cobwebbed front bumper, and a dead dog. If that was me, I literally wouldn't have been able to make it home, with the FMIC being a dead-on target. BMW owned that puppy, and definitely made out better than I would have in my DSM.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, but I'll leave you guys alone from here on.

#101 · (Edited)
BioHaz, don't worry, you guys are welcome here. I'm actually pretty interested to see what you guys have got going on, Ill drop by 2G now and then.

Josh, man, ignore dsmownsdtm. Actually, just put him on your ignore list and you won't even see posts from him. Except for him and Sloww, these guys are cool. I was looking around their forums a bit, they aren't as bad as you think....lol. Give 'em a chance, all the rest of the guys who posted in this thread came with an olive branch in hand buddy.

LunarFX.....Damn...that's nuts. Same with me in the Supra, if I had hit something like that, bye bye FMIC. Actually, this car it'd be a disaster too, it's lowered pretty good. BTW, you don't have to leave, apologize for some of the rough welcomings here...haha.

Oh, and thanks, I posted in the thread about us Bimmer guys on 2G forums, pretty good welcome so far, so thanks for that.

#103 ·
Cool. Thanks for dropping by :)

And no, not me, that's my girlfriend. Tell your girlfriend I agree, she is pretty darn hot. Even better if I posted the rest of her.....which I *won't* be doing....lol. But just for the heck of it, here's a picture of me n her.... :rofl: (The Bimmer guys have already seen it, this is just for you DSM'ers)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
</a>

#105 ·
LOL, yeah, she only has to do that 2 hrs/week. At first she didn't want to, but she likes kids and it makes kids happy so she actually got to enjoying it. I'd hate it, but that's just me. The first time I saw her in that I nearly fell over laughing.

#110 ·
I don't see how someone was pushing 450 with tint and exhaust. The internals on that engine had to have been done or something. As for the VR-4 question, I had a 3000GT VR-4. It's a fun car to drive, gets crappy mileage, and weaighs way too much. Handling was terrific, pick up was ok, and top speed was absolutely sick. Buying parts for it was like buying parts for a bimmer though. They are very pretty cars though. Sinister, yet sexy at the same time. It's kind of like a snake, in that they are beautiful, but deadly.

#116 ·
See i can be useful. When someone gets out of hand they can be compared to me.

"I'm not as bad as Vornado"

#118 · (Edited)
you bimmer guys are such **** jockeys. Your cars suck and quite frankly they will never compare to the great and glorious DSMS!!!!!!

SO SUCK OU8R DICKS BITCHES.
:hi: bye bye

Even if we were ****, none of us could process your request, granted we dont have mouths that small.

#121 ·
Enough with this childish nonsense. Either contribute or get out. We don't have the time for little high school boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.