BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Need Help with wheels!!!

9K views 80 replies 18 participants last post by  Hurricane Ditka 
#1 ·
Hello everybody! I just got my new 2014 750i xDrive M-sport, everything in this car I love but... it has only 19th inch wheels on it, and I think that they are too small and just to plane. The color of the car is Imperial Blue. So what kind of wheels do you guys recommend for a Blue 750i? I'm new in this, so I would really appreciate your help. Thanks! :)
This is how it looks right now....

Attachments

See less See more
#45 ·
Thank you. Do you think I will be ok without RWS? :))

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#50 ·
The only thing worse than retrofitting an RWS is putting 22 ' s on a 7!

sent from Raj's "game" room
Said the guy who blows a horn.

#53 ·
Thank you guys. I already started worrying.

#55 ·
I still didn't get an answer about what Brand rims and tires should I use, that better quality and not going to bent after every little pothole?

#57 ·
#58 ·
P.S. Most 3 series drivers are switching to Michelin Pilot Supersports tires, but our cars are more performance oriented, and most 7 drivers seem to like Continentals.

#64 ·
What about my original question about what king of rims do you guys recommend for BLUE 2014 Bmw 750i? Or this thread about RWS now? Also, if it's not a big problem, could you guys tell me what price range should I expect when buying dissent rims and tires set?

#67 ·
I recommend that you stay with the stock 19 inch rims and tires.

They look great and are very functional/reliable.

From experience, I can tell you that you are inviting aggravation if you move up to 20 inch rims.

Aggravation = bent rims & bubbled tires.

If you want to change the rims, stick with 19 inch.

As I said before, go over to the parts department of your BMW dealer and let them show you what they have.

My dealer has several rims to select from.

Since I have never shopped for non BMW rims, I can not make a suggestion, but I am sure the other guys can.

#65 ·
Lol I used to put expensive time on my cars ( 8000 per set ).

Now I stick with factory if I don't lower the car. Your 19' looks good but

Might just get 20' M sport? The 21' factory 5 stars looks killer too but

very easy to get bend. If you really want aftermarket try Vossen wheels,

They are good quality and looks good on 7s. Think 3k per set is the range.

#68 ·
Lol I used to put expensive time on my cars ( 8000 per set ).

Now I stick with factory if I don't lower the car. Your 19' looks good but

Might just get 20' M sport? The 21' factory 5 stars looks killer too but

very easy to get bend. If you really want aftermarket try Vossen wheels,

They are good quality and looks good on 7s. Think 3k per set is the range.
I have a 2014 750ix M Sport. The rims are 19 inch, not 20.

#72 · (Edited)
OP, you are asking questions that have very much to do with personal taste and preference.
Some people like polished silver wheels, some like chrome; some like black matte powder coated wheels and some like orange power coated wheels. If you catch the drift, the answer lies in what YOU like.

There are two options you can go with; OEM or aftermarket wheels. Then you have 2 piece forged, 3 piece forged, monoblock etc.
You have already made the biggest decision on purchasing a 2014 7 series. Please pick a style of wheels you like, slap them on and just ENJOY your car. Just pick something YOU like.
If you need some ideas, just search for "bmw wheels" in ebay.

#74 ·
Hey guys. Got my car tinted and put new 22" Lexani wheels on it! Check it out. Love it. Tomorrow will install PedalBox! Can't wait.

Attachments

#75 · (Edited)
Love that exterior color. Would that be beige interior or saddle brown? Please don't tell me it's black.
Wheels looks nice. You need an H&R drop now.

Quite a variety of cars in your neighbourhood...Toyota Corolla, PT Cruiser, GMC Jimmy, old Lexus...

#76 ·
Thanks. Interior beige. Where do I get my car lowwred?
Yes, I know, and next door my neighbor has Bentley Continental and kia Rio for his daughter.

#78 ·
yes, mine is xDrive. I heard that 7 series can be lowered without new springs. I don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.