BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bluetooth

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Pinecone 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to find the Bluetooth code for the 2005 M3?

#4 · (Edited)
If the Bluetooth is installed, there is a box in the trunk (left side in the rack that would also hole the CD player and nav unit).

IIRC 2003 and later were prewired for Bluetooth, you had to add the hardware.

It works in a 2002 (most of the wiring is there, but you have to add the microphone). But not perfectly.

#5 ·
OK,I don't have Nav and the shark fin,so I'm not sure if the Bluetooth is installed.I bought this car new and never thought I had Bluetooth installed from the factory.I guess I'll have to go by my dealer and see if I can activate it.I'm pretty sure my car does not have it because in that left hand corner of the trunk all I have is the plastic on the floor of the trunk,unless it is behind the trunk liner in that left corner of the trunk.

#13 · (Edited)
My 2002 E46 M3 has that button on the steering wheel. And officially, BT is not supported on the 2002 models.

IIRC, the code is on the ULF module. Looking for the pairing button was easier than pulling apart the trunk to see if the ULF is there. But if the car automatically goes into pairing mode, use your phone to see if it sees the car. THEN, you can go look for the pass code on the ULF.

#14 ·
The op did not mention if the car had navigation or not. For mine with nav the nav menu has a Telephone menu option on the main screen. I would thin this would show only if you had blue tooth. If so then I would do as suggested, enable bt on your phone, sit on the car and turn to position 2. You should see the car listed as available. If that works then go dig out the code. I has to do it on mine and its not that hard. Just remove the plastic fasteners carefully and you can get to it. There are several posts on google that show the exact location.

Word of advice...write it down when you do find it.!

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

#16 ·
I put the BT system in my 2002, even though it is not supported.

It works, only wart is that I cannot adjust the volume of the system voice. But I can dial using voice, either from the phone list of by saying the numbers. Call quality is good.

#18 ·
It is the BMW system, that I installed myself.

And yes it is more than loud enough. Wish I could turn it down a bit. Not that bad, but a bit too loud. Later ULF units may not have these problems. I installed back in 03 or 04

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.