Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum

BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum
Want to know which BMW dealerships to shop at or avoid? Have you had an exceptionally good or bad experience with your BMW dealership? Post your stories and comments here. Be sure to rate your BMW dealership in our new BMW dealer rater system

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:19 AM
PennSt8 PennSt8 is offline
Registered User
Location: West Hollywood, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: '16 328i - '14 X5
Greg Poland - Pacific BMW

This was my first time dealing with Greg directly; previously I've sent friends his way as I knew they would be in good hands.

There's a reason why this guy is so busy. The manner by which he conducts business is no hassle, stress free and up-front. He is a man of his word, and as far as I'm concerned that in itself is worth it's weight in gold. My vehicle acquisition was an in-and-out affair. No finance folks. No last minute surprises. No BS.

Thank you Greg!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-17-2017, 12:57 AM
Morpheus991 Morpheus991 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hollywood, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: Nothing Recently!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSt8 View Post
This was my first time dealing with Greg directly; previously I've sent friends his way as I knew they would be in good hands.

There's a reason why this guy is so busy. The manner by which he conducts business is no hassle, stress free and up-front. He is a man of his word, and as far as I'm concerned that in itself is worth it's weight in gold. My vehicle acquisition was an in-and-out affair. No finance folks. No last minute surprises. No BS.

Thank you Greg!
I disagree... Maybe he's great for certain types of purchases but when I reached out to him he wasn't very responsive or willing to help out with price much for a CPO purchase. He was recommended to me by one of his customers. To be fair, I had initially been interacting with another sales rep so maybe they have a code and he offered less of a discount because of this.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2017, 06:47 AM
jjrandorin jjrandorin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,292
Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus991 View Post
I disagree... Maybe he's great for certain types of purchases but when I reached out to him he wasn't very responsive or willing to help out with price much for a CPO purchase. He was recommended to me by one of his customers. To be fair, I had initially been interacting with another sales rep so maybe they have a code and he offered less of a discount because of this.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Bimmerfest mobile app
If you were already dealing with someone at the dealership, he can not just over ride their deal. Once you contact a specific sales person at a dealership, that person owns your deal and your negotiation, period.

That was your issue, not gregs (just telling you how it works). So the short answer is, yes there is a "code" because thats how salespeople get paid (they are commission only).

Couple that with the fact that you were trying to negotiate on "a CPO" instead of a new car, and there is ALWAYS a bunch of unknowns with a used car... you may think its only worth XX,XXX but the dealer has YY,YYY in it, so they wont be able to do what you want. On a new car its different because its the same basic cost around the country.
__________________
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 AM
PennSt8 PennSt8 is offline
Registered User
Location: West Hollywood, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: '16 328i - '14 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
If you were already dealing with someone at the dealership, he can not just over ride their deal. Once you contact a specific sales person at a dealership, that person owns your deal and your negotiation, period.

That was your issue, not gregs (just telling you how it works). So the short answer is, yes there is a "code" because thats how salespeople get paid (they are commission only).

Couple that with the fact that you were trying to negotiate on "a CPO" instead of a new car, and there is ALWAYS a bunch of unknowns with a used car... you may think its only worth XX,XXX but the dealer has YY,YYY in it, so they wont be able to do what you want. On a new car its different because its the same basic cost around the country.
Thanks for chiming in
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Nulevel's Avatar
Nulevel Nulevel is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tampa Bay
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 544
Mein Auto: 2012 X5D; 2016 428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSt8 View Post
This was my first time dealing with Greg directly; previously I've sent friends his way as I knew they would be in good hands.

There's a reason why this guy is so busy. The manner by which he conducts business is no hassle, stress free and up-front. He is a man of his word, and as far as I'm concerned that in itself is worth it's weight in gold. My vehicle acquisition was an in-and-out affair. No finance folks. No last minute surprises. No BS.

Thank you Greg!
Respectfully: this is what I deserve from anybody with whom I choose to do business. Nothing special about the guy, based on your description above.

Bottom line: he's in it to make money; I'm in it to save money.

Bottom line is, If he saves me the most money, I'll do business, with zero regard for busy or popular or virtuous he is.

Last edited by Nulevel; 04-19-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2017, 01:28 PM
PennSt8 PennSt8 is offline
Registered User
Location: West Hollywood, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: '16 328i - '14 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulevel View Post
Respectfully: this is what I deserve from anybody with whom I choose to do business. Nothing special about the guy, based on your description above.

Bottom line: he's in it to make money; I'm in it to save money.

Bottom line is, If he saves me the most money, I'll do business, with zero regard for busy or popular or virtuous he is.
Without knowledge of the details from this particular transaction, I think that you are generalizing a bit.

All else above goes without saying. Essentially, re-stating the obvious here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > BMW Dealer Ratings and Feedback Forum
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms