Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)

E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
The BMW X5 M and X6 M are the first xDrive all-wheel-drive vehicles from M GmbH. The M variants offers the same utility as the regular X5 and X6, with the addition of the V8 M TwinPower Turbo, a twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 delivering 560 horsepower and 500 lb·ft of torque.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5///M
Warranty ends in July--USAA Extended Service Plan?

My BMW CPO warranty ends in July on my 2012 X5///M (78k). I dodged a HUUGE bullet last month as the vehicle had both turbos replaced under warranty. The total repair claim that I covered with my $50 deductible amounted to nearly $11,000 with parts and labor! It's nice to have shiny new turbos but I'm worried about anything else looming. Service since I bought it 2 years ago at 37k has been fairly routine and I'm still happy with the vehicle.

So with the CPO expiring in just a few months, I am sufficiently puckered to roll the dice without some sort of service plan post-July. I've done the research on these plans and the reviews are mixed. I went the Jeff Steele route first and BMW won't touch it. I also called Endurance and it's the same story.

However, I'm military and USAA (thru Assurance) appears to offer a decent deal that covers a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper. Quote is $2825 for 12k/1 year or $4282 for 24k/2 years. Anyone have experience going this route?

Ideally, I'd like to trade this in for a newer model X5///M but CPO prices are still out of my budget.

Cheers,

Scott

Retired
2014 Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i
2011 Lemans Blue BMW E90 335i
2008 Montego Blue BMW E90 335i
2005 Twilight Blue Infiniti G-35x
1998 Blue Ford Mustang GT
1990 Black Ford (Mus)cort EXP
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgatorindc View Post
My BMW CPO warranty ends in July on my 2012 X5///M (78k). I dodged a HUUGE bullet last month as the vehicle had both turbos replaced under warranty. The total repair claim that I covered with my $50 deductible amounted to nearly $11,000 with parts and labor! It's nice to have shiny new turbos but I'm worried about anything else looming. Service since I bought it 2 years ago at 37k has been fairly routine and I'm still happy with the vehicle.

So with the CPO expiring in just a few months, I am sufficiently puckered to roll the dice without some sort of service plan post-July. I've done the research on these plans and the reviews are mixed. I went the Jeff Steele route first and BMW won't touch it. I also called Endurance and it's the same story.

However, I'm military and USAA (thru Assurance) appears to offer a decent deal that covers a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper. Quote is $2825 for 12k/1 year or $4282 for 24k/2 years. Anyone have experience going this route?

Ideally, I'd like to trade this in for a newer model X5///M but CPO prices are still out of my budget.

Cheers,

Scott

These quotes seems fair . The two options that I had available for my x5M in CA was

3700 $ 5 years / 100 k miles sounds like a steal
8000$ 4 years / 40 k exclusionary coverage sort of bumper to bumper

Check on bbb and other places for the review.

Try to get more info from your BMW SA about the claim process of the company you have got the quote

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1
Scott
Just for the heck of it, get a quote from CarChex and compare. I had them for 3/36K...and let me tell you, I racked up more in repairs that what I paid for it..two fold.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:07 PM

Warranty ends in July--USAA Extended Service Plan?

Carchex doesn't offer warranty on M series in CA

Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: 1994 318ic, 2005 545i
The Royal Screw

I'm having issues with the pro rata refund with my Endurance Vehicle Service Contract cancellation. It's a crazy situation !!! I'll post with the details later.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrBMWEnthusiast View Post
I'm having issues with the pro rata refund with my Endurance Vehicle Service Contract cancellation. It's a crazy situation !!! I'll post with the details later.

What issues you are having in getting refunds, shouldn't it be straight forward

Old 04-15-2017, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 4.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmayank View Post
What issues you are having in getting refunds, shouldn't it be straight forward

I just got an exclusionary policy 4 yr or 50K miles (2013 X5 M with 27K miles) from Carchex for $4,400 in MN. This policy is their Platinum contract with the high tech coverage and $200 deductible. It is a very comprehensive policy including gaskets and seals. I also have a 2009 X5 4.8 that had a 3rd party extended warranty which I found out later (after having failed valve stem seals with a quotes repair cost of $11K) did not cover gaskets and seals so I was certain to confirm that coverage this time.

Route 66 doesn't provide any coverage for my X5 M while a lot of other companies I called only provided drivetrain only. Motorwerks BMW in Minneapolis quoted a 3rd party exclusionary policy for $6,200 that had the same coverage as my Carchex.

My X5 M gets dropped off this week...SO excited to start driving that beast!

Old 04-15-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afspaanem View Post
I just got an exclusionary policy 4 yr or 50K miles (2013 X5 M with 27K miles) from Carchex for $4,400 in MN. This policy is their Platinum contract with the high tech coverage and $200 deductible. It is a very comprehensive policy including gaskets and seals. I also have a 2009 X5 4.8 that had a 3rd party extended warranty which I found out later (after having failed valve stem seals with a quotes repair cost of $11K) did not cover gaskets and seals so I was certain to confirm that coverage this time.

Route 66 doesn't provide any coverage for my X5 M while a lot of other companies I called only provided drivetrain only. Motorwerks BMW in Minneapolis quoted a 3rd party exclusionary policy for $6,200 that had the same coverage as my Carchex.

My X5 M gets dropped off this week...SO excited to start driving that beast!

Afs, your warranty quote is simply amazing. My exclusionary warranty for 40 k miles 4 year is costing me 8000$, that's almost twice your price. The only difference in between your car and mine is 2010 model vs 2013 and 64 k miles compared to your 27 k miles, that should have an impact on premium. However I believe these warranties are worth considering the high cost of repairs

Old 04-19-2017, 05:05 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5///M
Thanks for help. I'll have to check into Carchex too. I think your options become more limited once you get up into the 80k mikes range. I have a few months to figure it out.

On a separate note, does anyone have the BMW part number for the circular rear X5///M tow eye covers? Are they the same as the fronts? I use the BMW bike rack quite frequently and lost one of mine somewhere on the highway...

Scott

Retired
2014 Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i
2011 Lemans Blue BMW E90 335i
2008 Montego Blue BMW E90 335i
2005 Twilight Blue Infiniti G-35x
1998 Blue Ford Mustang GT
1990 Black Ford (Mus)cort EXP
Old 04-19-2017, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
get into the real world and sell it. 4400 bucks for a 2 year insurance plan? Please! get a more reliable car with your 4400 down payment.....
Old 04-19-2017, 05:03 PM

4400 for 2 years is nothing considering the cost of these cars. A new x5m was available with a sticker price of 99k$

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X5 M, X6 M, Z3 M & Z4 M > E70 X5 M and E71 X6 M (2010 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search