Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)

F87 M2 (2016 - current)
BMW will be unveiling the upcoming F87 M2 and this is the place to talk about it. Are you adding one of these to your garage?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: Civic
Pricing on M2

How much would I be able to haggle down the price of a US msrp of 55,600? This is the msrp of the M2 current lease offer which includes executive package, and I'm assuming is automatic. I also want to do European delivery which says would be 5% off msrp. Do I have room to play with?
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Audi TTRS
That price seems low for the DCT.

White (free) + Exec + DCT is MSRP at $56,800 right now.

White + Exec (6MT) is $53,900. (DCT is a $2900 option).

Most people seem to be paying MSRP on M2s, and it's also fairly hard to get Euro Delivery on them for whatever reason. Check out Bimmerpost forums, there's a lot of traffic over there from people that actually have purchased them.

Last edited by ZPrime; 04-20-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
That price seems low for the DCT.

White (free) + Exec + DCT is MSRP at $56,800 right now.

White + Exec (6MT) is $53,900. (DCT is a $2900 option).

Most people seem to be paying MSRP on M2s, and it's also fairly hard to get Euro Delivery on them for whatever reason. Check out Bimmerpost forums, there's a lot of traffic over there from people that actually have purchased them.
I have a better question, do you think it'd be possible to negotiate a different residual value? The M2 buy price after lease with a 55600 msrp is 26000, 47%, the M3 offer is 62%.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Audi TTRS
Highly doubtful. BMW doesn't want people to lease this car, presumably because they are assuming that many people will drive them hard and put them away wet (which is bad for longevity / future resale / warranty claims later in life).

This has been discussed in circles over at BP as well. Most people just suck it up and finance it since the residuals are so unattractive.
I've been researching an M2 for the past month or two and have a deposit in... nothing much else to do to kill time while waiting except read forums about it.

Last edited by ZPrime; 04-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Thank you!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M2, X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Highly doubtful. BMW doesn't want people to lease this car, presumably because they are assuming that many people will drive them hard and put them away wet (which is bad for longevity / future resale / warranty claims later in life).

This has been discussed in circles over at BP as well. Most people just suck it up and finance it since the residuals are so unattractive.
I've been researching an M2 for the past month or two and have a deposit in... nothing much else to do to kill time while waiting except read forums about it.
This is a valid point but my hunch is that BMW never quite anticipated the overwhelming reception for the M2. Given stellar reviews, limited availability, crazy aggressive initial factory pricing - I suspect BMW decided that they could make up some of their lost opportunity on the back end. Want to lease - pay through the nose, want to finance - do not expect a discounted rate from BMWFS. When I purchased my M2 last fall, BMW offered a discounted finance rate of 1.95% on every model except the M2. Yes the car's msrp is great, even without a discount, just don't expect BMW to ice the cake with good deals on financing or leasing.

My suggestion; buy an M2 - enjoy the car, and feel good about your prowess to ferret out a great rate at your local credit union. Don't allow the BMW "suits" bruise your M2 experience. The M2 is exceptional.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-20-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
This is a valid point but my hunch is that BMW never quite anticipated the overwhelming reception for the M2. Given stellar reviews, limited availability, crazy aggressive initial factory pricing - I suspect BMW decided that they could make up some of their lost opportunity on the back end. Want to lease - pay through the nose, want to finance - do not expect a discounted rate from BMWFS. When I purchased my M2 last fall, BMW offered a discounted finance rate of 1.95% on every model except the M2. Yes the car's msrp is great, even without a discount, just don't expect BMW to ice the cake with good deals on financing or leasing.

My suggestion; buy an M2 - enjoy the car, and feel good about your prowess to ferret out a great rate at your local credit union. Don't allow the BMW "suits" bruise your M2 experience. The M2 is exceptional.
I was thinking of leasing just to start with lower payments but I wanna end up buying it, I'll have to calculate some numbers and go to a dealer and figure it out, I saw that the invoice price of base is about 2500 than msrp base, do you think there is wiggle room on bringing down the base closer to invoice? What'd you do when you bought it? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armduk View Post
I have a better question, do you think it'd be possible to negotiate a different residual value? The M2 buy price after lease with a 55600 msrp is 26000, 47%, the M3 offer is 62%.
No, residual value is not negotiable on BMWs at all.. its set by BMW and dealers cant change it.

I also would be interested to hear that you could buy an M2 for less than MSRP right now, and would be pretty amazed to hear that you got a dealer to do Euro delivery on one. The M2 is still the "hot car" and if you want one you will need to pay hot car price.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91 mobile beach locker
There is a $500 BMWCCA rebate that applies to the Ms and if you're lucky they might throw in the floor mats and a keychain.

I wouldn't expect much more than that.

https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
E91 Sports Wagon 25K miles, 6-speed, RWD, (reportedly 1 of 429 built for the US market), Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 rear headrest mount and built-in remote display, Cocomats (back to the 1970s!), $10 clutch stop mod.

"I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Old 04-21-2017, 07:26 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M2, X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armduk View Post
..... What'd you do when you bought it? Thanks!
I waited 9 months for my M2. I was not going to allow the sales experience at the dealership spoil the joyous day I took delivery, so I did my homework and had a great financing deal in my pocket. I have always leased or financed through BMWFS - the finance manager knew me, and I could see he was salivating anticipating how he was going to take me down. Not to be - BMW and the dealership got their pound of flesh - I paid full msrp like the rest of the herd, but I was not going to pay extra for BMW's money on the backend. Be prepared - you are not going to get any "deals" from BMW on an M2.

Bottom line - all is good - everything is in its rightful place - the right car, the right financing, and me behind the wheel of my M2.

Note - I used Johns Hopkins Credit Union but you might want to check out PenFed for good rates. Lease? - a 47 percent residual is a non-starter.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-21-2017 at 06:41 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search