BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is The 2014 Nav Update Worth Doing?

156K views 2K replies 517 participants last post by  shawnsheridan 
#1 · (Edited)
I am pretty well satisfied with the Nav system in my 2012 535xi. Luckily I have had only minor issues, and none of the horror stories others have seen.

I received an email offer from TomTom for a $245 update to my nav system. I hate to change something that's working pretty well for an unknown new outcome. And, while $245 is not cheap, I would do it if I thought the results would be worth it.

I know there is another current thread with many well-justified complaints about the nav system, but there aren't many comments one way or another about whether the update is worth while.

I would appreciate learning if those of you who have done the 2013 update have found the improvements worth while.

#966 ·
Is The 2013 Nav Update Worth Doing?

Hello,
Could you please send me the link for the 2014 update?
Tx,
ER

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#967 ·
Is The 2013 Nav Update Worth Doing?

Hello,
Tx,
ER

#969 ·
Hello,
Tx,
ER

If this is for your 2013 F10, you have NBT Head Unit, which takes NEXT Maps, not PREMIUM Maps. The 2014 NEXT Maps are not released yet, but should be in a couple weeks.

If though you have a car with CIC and need 2014 PREMIUM Map, PM me.

#970 ·
Yes, for CIC Head Units, 2014 PREMIUM Map updates for both Europe and North America are released.

PM sent.

#974 ·
Hi Shawn -

Looking for a North American update for a 2011 550xi....

Any walk thru instructions would be appreciated... sort of lost when it comes to this stuff... thx in advance
PM sent.

#980 ·
It is either a 3 8 Gb USB or DVD version, or a single 32 Gb USB version.

PM sent.

#991 ·
Hey bud been reading this page for a while now ( 20 mins)

Can you please send info to kjeronimo91@gmail.com on how to update my naivigation possibly apps?

its 2011 550i sedan fully loaded besides M Sport

Thanks a ton !

#993 ·
Shawn I live just bit north of you and as you know there are a lot of road changes going on in the area. Any idea if there is an update for my 2013 and what is incorporated?

#994 ·
Yes, the 2014 update is available, and it has added Roads, POI's, and improvements to the Routing Algorithm.

I can't say which specific streets were added though.

#995 ·
Shawn, can you please PM me update info as well? It is for 2013 F10 - 10/2012 build date. Thanks!

#1,005 · (Edited)
Do we have a posts per year record here? 1004 posts in exactly one year since I started this thread on this day last December.

Of course, the hero of this thread is shawnsheridan, who has kept it alive with his ready help to so many people.

Here's to Shawn! :beerchug:

#1,008 · (Edited)
#1,012 ·
Shawn if you don't mind may I please get the update info. I must admit that I am computer challenged and may require fairly specfic directions if it is not too much trouble. Car is a 2011 built 11/10.
Thanks
Brinson Webb
PM sent.

#1,015 ·
NBT is the newest Head Unit that replaced CIC. In your 2011, you have CIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.