BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2011 Audio Options?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  x5x5 
#1 ·
I looked at my window sticker, and it doesn't have premium audio listed. Since I'm thinking of grabbing some BSW speakers, I need to find out for sure if I have the base audio package.

There is a center speaker installed, but no equalizer in iDrive. BSW lists the package with center speaker as the high fi option. What's right?

I don't think I have subs under the seats either.

#2 ·
I am pretty certain you do not have the premium audio. If you have premium audi, you get an addition two audio speakers near the back side on D-pillar. BSW has an installation video on X5.

At 4:25, it starts talking about the D-pillar speakers. If don't have any opening, you do not have premium system. Let me know how it goes. I am also interested in BSW upgrade.

At 4:25, it starts talking about the D-pillar.

#4 ·
Here is the URL. for their website

I have not heard it myself. I am interested in how it goes with other.

My coworker's son upgraded an old BMW 3series audio. It was supposedly much better than stock. He did not upgrade with BSW speaker on his 3 series but a more expensive set that was better.

Currently, he is waiting and has been waiting (for a while) for BSW amplifier upgrade. The main selling point about BSW is that they fit well with BMW without any hacks. So it is a "simple" and elegant upgrade. He did not want to add a giant box just to put in a weird hook up for an external amp. So he is waiting for their solution. I am certain that BMW's optical bus system has certainly made this effort much more complicated for a small company.

#6 ·
At the Op

You probs have the hifi system. I don't know however how to compare the BSW options To the Lci sound systems.

Pre-lci
base system
Logic 7

LCi
Hifi
Premium hifi
Individual sound

This list is subject to change based on accuracy

I would simply email BSW To confirm

#9 ·
At the Op

You probs have the hifi system. I don't know however how to compare the BSW options To the Lci sound systems.

Pre-lci
base system
Logic 7

LCi
Hifi
Premium hifi
Individual sound

This list is subject to change based on accuracy

I would simply email BSW To confirm
I think the hifi system is what I likely have. Here is a link to BMWVIN with my options:

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=L407588

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.