BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Please help throttle trouble

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  catso 
#1 ·
i have a 533 i 84 and ive got some kind of vaccum leak or a bad mass air flow sensor or a bad crank sensor or its not sending the rite msg back i dunno b4 all this i wasnt getting spark just when it was a hot day it would start so i replaced one of the crank sensors and it started and ran for 2O min of town driving then it fell on its face and wont rev at all except for when you first start it then it revs bout 3to5 times or you can hold it at a rev but once you let it back to idle it wont go past idle and falls on its face when trying to throttle it i dont know if its a vaccum leak or a bad mass air flow sensor or what i dont see a vaccum leak anywhere is there a way to by pass the mass air sensor or anything anyone can think of to give a try

#2 ·
I know on later series BMW's you can just unplug the Air Flow Meter (aka MAF), but I would also look at the condition of all your ignition components, especially the wiring, rubber boots, vacuum hoses, and the passageways where they are connected.

#3 ·
oh baby

well i got the second crank sensor put in and there was no change at all but when i put the first one in it started rite up and drove just fine for a half hr then fell on its face all over again but the the starting on only 95 degree days when it felt like it is fixed so that helped out in one of the issues then i noticed that the new fuel pump i put in it seemed to be humming loudly and unsteady so changed it and seemed a lil better not much so it started reving a lil higher and a lil higher then i held it at like 2500 rpms for about a few minates then would drive it and it seemed to still stumble just not completely like before then i went and put 30 bucks in premium with a chevron complete fuel cleaning adative and well it seems to be cured put about 25 miles on it since and i think shes gonnna pull through thanks for everyones help on here strange issuses huh but i got it for 1200 selling it on friday for 5000 so thanks again everyone especially catso :thumbup:

must of been bad gas or water got in the fuel some how or something wish i knew exactly what it was but im just happy that it runs better thanks again alll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.