BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How many would be interested in a Group Buy for the Eonon Audio/Nav Head Unit?

79K views 561 replies 82 participants last post by  madapaka530iM 
#1 · (Edited)
Are any members interested in a group buy for the Eonon D5124F 7inch digital touch screen car DVD player/Stereo with built-in GPS? This is currently listing for $339 at the Eonon website. The GPS map set is an additional $30. I have asked Eonon to see if the unit will pull Google maps from an iPhone. If we get enough interest, we may be able to qualify for a group discount. If you are interested, add a post below.

The following threads talk about the unit:

Musa's thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716255

Albo's Youtube video: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7203973&postcount=275

THE PRICE IS IN. SEE POST #62. $335 EA. NOT MUCH OF A DISCOUNT ($4). I'M OUT.

#58 ·
1 - Fudman
2 - the540wgn
3 - Occfreak32
3 - Caryalon
5 - MikesE39
6 - GreenTiger
7 - Ustad
8 - Doru??
9 - Doorman
10 - Scott740il
11 - RoddyVictory
12 - Gotboosted (very interested depending on the final price with discount)
13 - RLJett (depending on final price and whether mpg/range still available)
14 - XxPanipuri
15 - TYGER90
16 - BigMoss
17 - rschmidt777
18 - Jynger (no maps, 17pin pre-facelift connector)
19 - JacksE39
20 - bobsy (With Maps)
21 - dugyot
22 - AdemDee (Purchase in November)
23 - FIA
24 - Haolibird (No cheese, choc shake)
25 - Dragon6971
26 - 16VAlex

Wow! It's going like hot cake. Thanks Fred.

#59 ·
I AM IN!!

1 - Fudman
2 - the540wgn
3 - Occfreak32
3 - Caryalon
5 - MikesE39
6 - GreenTiger
7 - Ustad
8 - Doru??
9 - Doorman
10 - Scott740il
11 - RoddyVictory
12 - Gotboosted (very interested depending on the final price with discount)
13 - RLJett (depending on final price and whether mpg/range still available)
14 - XxPanipuri
15 - TYGER90
16 - BigMoss
17 - rschmidt777
18 - Jynger (no maps, 17pin pre-facelift connector)
19 - JacksE39
20 - bobsy (With Maps)
21 - dugyot
22 - AdemDee (Purchase in November)
23 - FIA
24 - Haolibird (No cheese, choc shake)
25 - Dragon6971
26 - 16VAlex
27. AW_335I

#62 · (Edited)
Not Such A Great Group Buy Price

Eonon has given me the group buy price. There is a net price INCREASE from last week's discounted price. :yikes: The group buy price is now $335 w/o maps and free shipping, up $5 from last week. It's $365 w/US map set. So much for a group discount. :thumbdwn: I, for one, will not be buying as I get a sketchy feeling when businesses subtract through addition. You all should make your own decisions. Here is the info they sent me:

D5124F:
Original price: 475USD(no map)
Group Buy price: 335USD(no map) / 365USD(with US map)
Save: 29% Off!

A0565 & A0564: (For those cars with OEM navigation):
Original price: 56USD
Group Buy price: 50USD
This cable GB price is an added bonus, hope you guys like!

I believe Eonon will start a thread with instructions on how to buy at this price.

CORRECTION: I indicated the price last week was $330. It was actually $339. A $4 discount!

#63 ·
Yeah that's no discount, considering that the price I have on eBay with maps and a rear mount camera, was $389. Since, I have seen it even cheaper by $20. If they were to give a discount from their actual selling price and not from their list price 29% would not be bad.

Sent using BimmerApp mobile app

#70 ·
Honestly we could just have bought the unit, have it installed by now, and have only spent an extra ten dollars. Still would've gotten the "warranty" and customer service so really to me it almost makes no difference.... Ridiculous....

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes, but "group buy" means some sort of wholesale. Ever purchased a wholesale price that was marked up?

#72 · (Edited)
So what would be the difference in package if we went group buy as opposed to a normal sale?

That's what I am saying. It was available for $339* w/o maps shipped just last week for an individual purchase. With our Group Buy (27 units), it's now $335 w/o maps shipped. Go figure. I'm out. Best of luck to anyone that wants to move forward with them.

CORRECTION: I indicated the price last week was $330. It was actually $339.

#80 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I can totally understand your feeling. But please let me tell you the true reasons why the price is increased:
1. The unit is so hot that it's in tight supply lately
2. The material costs are rising rapidly this year.
3. The craft design of the unit is improved: (the group buy units are the latest ones with updated design)
- Silkscreen mark on buttons is changed to laser carving mark, which is closer to the BMW interior design.
- Phone call icons on button is updated to be a new nicer one.
(The last version unit is so hot that we can hardly provide one to show you now, but i will figure out a way to show it, please wait.)

Though the price is increased, but I can 100% promise the GB price will always less than our official website & ebay!(Unless there's a very special discount, but you can never know when, right?). You can also buy from ebay, if you feel the price and ebay 1 year warranty is Ok for you! Official group buy is widely welcomed around the world these years, let's focus more on quality and service! (We have 2 year warranty :thumbup:)

Some member mentioned "greed", i am so sad by hear that....In my eyes, greed means in these way: Some vendors provide a cheaper price (though i think we are close to the cheapest), but fail to provide steady product quality and good service; Some brands may have similar units and service as ours, but they just pay too much on advertising, which makes the price is 5-10 times higher than ours. These are "greedy"!

Furthermore, I did very sorry for the final price dose not meet your requirement. But in order to make you guys get the units quicker than other registered customers(hundreds of registers) since it's in low stock, I informed Fudman the GB price even yesterday. And apply the discount on the extended wiring harness too for you guys. All I wish is you can get the units to enjoy earlier and more completely. Hope you like! :)

#84 ·
Hi guys, I can totally understand your feeling. But please let me tell you the true reasons why the price is increased:
1. The unit is so hot that it's in tight supply lately
2. The material costs are rising rapidly this year.
3. The craft design of the unit is improved: (the group buy units are the latest ones with updated design)
- Silkscreen mark on buttons is changed to laser carving mark, which is closer to the BMW interior design.
- Phone call icons on button is updated to be a new nicer one.
(The unit is so hot that we can hardly provide one to show you now, but i will figure out a way to show it, please wait.)

Though the price is increased, but I can 100% promise the GB price will always less than our official website & ebay!(Unless there's a very special discount, but you can never know when, right?). You can also buy from ebay, if you feel the price and ebay 1 year warranty is Ok for you! Official group buy is widely welcomed around the world these years, let's focus more on quality and service! (We have 2 year warranty :thumbup:)

Some member mentioned "greed", i am so sad by hear that....In my eyes, greed means in these way: Some vendors provide a cheaper price (though i think we are close to the cheapest), but fail to provide steady product quality and good service; Some brands may have similar units and service as ours, but they just pay too much on advertising, which makes the price is 5-10 times higher than ours. These are "greedy"!

Furthermore, I did very sorry for the final price dose not meet your requirement. But in order to make you guys get the units quicker than other registered customers(hundreds of registers) since it's in low stock, I informed Fudman the GB price even yesterday. And apply the discount on the extended wiring harness too for you guys. All I wish is you can get the units to enjoy earlier and more completely. Hope you like! :)
The way you explained this makes me mad.....

you're trying to sell a sales guy something a sales guy does not want to hear.....

So your telling me that the unit is in such high demand that all E39 owners in the world are jumping to buy it but yet you cannot provide us with a demo on the updated one and how that works? I don't wanna wait for you to show me, I wanna see it now! If we all did buy the unit...all 27+ of us, how do we know that each and everyone will get it in time?

Since it's in such high demand....

I feel that a lot of the guys here waiting to purchase this was looking for some kind of discount, Don't make promises and try fool people by raising rates- people aren't stupid....

Your better off with a discount then making excuses for cheap material costs...Just saying :dunno:

#85 ·
Dear EononcarDVD,

Stop the non essential excuses. Go back to your CEO, manager whatever with a propose of over $9000.00 in purchase by giving everyone here a 10% discount and call it a good day.

I really don't have to have your system, I'm contend with what I've got. Base on principle of GB I will never buy yours at that price. You can take my name off the list.

#89 · (Edited)
Now in my opinion, having a decent discount for a very large group, is good business. If u believe in ur product, then why not use one of the best tools available for any business. Word of mouth! If u have a group this large happy with ur product, they will talk. So all the other owners of other model Bimmers, as well as, owners of other models that I'm sure u sell for, will hear how satisfied the E39 owners were with ur product. So in turn ur sales will increase across the entire range of products u sell. Especially when they hear from those satisfied customers about how u took care of them and are willing to work with the car clubs instead of trying to stick it to every customer for the sake of profit. So the logic that u've been trying to use & explain is flawed. Any business owner knows these simple tactics and rules. Its business 101. Just saying.....

Sent using BimmerApp mobile app

#90 ·
Now in my opinion, having a decent discount for a very large group, is good business. If u believe in ur product, then why not use one of the best tools available for any business. Word of mouth! If u have a group this large happy with ur product, they will talk. So all the other owners of other model Bimmers, as well as, owners of other models that I'm sure u sell for, will hear how satisfied the E39 owners were with ur product. So in turn ur sales will increase across the entire range of products u sell. Especially when they hear from those satisfied customers about how u took care of them and are willing to work with the car clubs instead of trying to stick it to every customer for the sake of profit. So the logic that u've been trying to use & explain is flawed. Any business owner knows these simple tactics and rules. Its business 101. Just saying.....
Amen... Lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.