BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

how much vapor barrier seal

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gibo58 
#1 ·
Going to the dealership tomorrow to get some vapor barrier seal, they are selling it to me by the metre ($9 per metre) and was hoping someone would know the approximate length required to do the rear doors

Cheers

#5 ·
vapor barrier

Good thinking Jimlev, I will just measure the biggest outside area of the trim and use that, better to have a little too much than too little I guess,

Hey Mike, yeah the silicone could get to be a hassle if I have to go in again as DKing mentions, would probably stuff the vapour barrier and have to buy a new one, and knowing the prices of BMW parts here that would be scary.

Thanks for replies gentleman.

#8 ·
You could type /adhesive or /vapor barrier in the bestlinks and it should tell you, e.g.,
- How the vapor barrier works (1) & the problem with front & rear door vapor barrier adhesives which allow rain water to wet the carpet (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) & what adhesives to buy (1) & what sizes for the adhesive beads (1)

#9 ·
Vb

Thanks Econobox, but Amazon will not ship out of the US for that product.

Can't get 3M window weld either GSA1, I tried some auto glass shops and they use a different product down here now.

That is why I am going with the BMW stuff, I'm surprised they are selling it to me by the metre, and not a "we only sell 20 metre rolls buddy"

Thanks for the links Blubee.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.