BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How many would be interested in a Group Buy for the Eonon Audio/Nav Head Unit?

79K views 561 replies 82 participants last post by  madapaka530iM 
#1 · (Edited)
Are any members interested in a group buy for the Eonon D5124F 7inch digital touch screen car DVD player/Stereo with built-in GPS? This is currently listing for $339 at the Eonon website. The GPS map set is an additional $30. I have asked Eonon to see if the unit will pull Google maps from an iPhone. If we get enough interest, we may be able to qualify for a group discount. If you are interested, add a post below.

The following threads talk about the unit:

Musa's thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716255

Albo's Youtube video: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7203973&postcount=275

THE PRICE IS IN. SEE POST #62. $335 EA. NOT MUCH OF A DISCOUNT ($4). I'M OUT.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelgk View Post
Something does not feel right with the above testimonial! How is it that Bainsgr comes in at this time to make the above statements? He has never been a member on this forum and any search on this forum will tell "would be" buyers that Eonon has not been a smooth experience for the many who have tried it. It also does not work with DSP systems.

bainsgr's response this morning:

I am new. I just got my BMW a few weeks ago. It had only been 1 day since the install. I haven't had bad experience with these in the past. So I went back and checked out my stereo.

The deck was working fine, but now completely went blank. Here are the results
1. When it was working, when trying to access DVD function, it stated "No device" (this may have been because I was driving. I think I need to have my e-brake on) - unfortunately I can't verify at the moment
2. The screen has gone black. When the car starts the BMW logo shows and then the screen goes BLACK. When I put the car in reverse the reverse camera works, but then when I put in the car in Park or Drive it goes black.
3. It didn't fit perfectly. I am still working on fitment. I am fortunate that I have a black interior so it sort of blends in. No one else will notice, but I can. Just thinking still...

See some photos attached (provided I've uploaded correctly).
I'm going to follow up with Eonon to understand what is going.

Click image for larger version

Name: image.jpeg
Views: 17
Size: 96.2 KB
ID: 392163

Name: image (1).jpeg
Views: 19
Size: 141.1 KB
ID: 392164

Name: image (3).jpeg
Views: 19
Size: 95.0 KB
ID: 392165

Name: image (5).jpeg
Views: 15
Size: 74.2 KB
ID: 392166

#13 ·
Got a response from Eonon. They will give a discount for 10 or more. They did not give a discount price yet. And given the posts on the other thread, it looks like DSP is a no-go. I am personally still on the fence. Hence, the count is at 8.

#17 ·
So to make things a bit easier for Fudman (thanks for taking the initiative to contact Eonon!)

1 - Fudman
2 - the540wgn
3 - Occhis
4 - Occfreak32
5 - Caryalon
6 - MikesE39
7 - GreenTiger
8 - Ustad
9 - Doru?
10 - Doorman
11 - Scott740il
12 - RoddyVictory

#19 ·
Not sure yet. I need something for my X5. I still have the Hualigan, which still works very well, but in certain spots, the radio reception isn't that great - it has only 1 radio tuner compared to the 2 tuners for the OEM unit.
Dynavin, which is more expensive has also 2 tuners, which in turn will have OEM quality radio reception (FM). But they lowered their price from 900 to 760. It's still twice as much compared to the model we're talking about, but it would be interesting to have a group buy for the Dynavin and bring that price down a bit. I think that would be a good choice, having a true warranty and a post purchase help base (Jeff). Believe me, if you use the unit to listen to the radio, the struggles of that 1 tuner will drive you nuts. Most parts where I drive, the reception is good, but sometimes you get to a red light, or some part of the city, where it starts "modulating" the quality of reception, like if you were 300 miles away from the station, to come back after you drive a few yards.
I use intensively the Bluetooth & GPS beside the radio, and the unit is a blessing. I think this one as good as the one I have, but I want/need better radio reception.

#21 ·
Also interested

Did I read correctly elsewhere that the data currently displayed on the MID like mpg, range, etc would still be displayable on the main instrument cluster, or is the MID the brains for that data so you'd lose it by replacing MID for this radio?

1 - Fudman
2 - the540wgn
3 - Occhis
4 - Occfreak32
5 - Caryalon
6 - MikesE39
7 - GreenTiger
8 - Ustad
9 - Doru?
10 - Doorman
11 - Scott740il
12 - RoddyVictory
13 - Gotboosted (very interested depending on the final price with discount)
14 - RLJett (depending on final price and whether mpg/range still available)

#24 ·
Count me in i've added my name to the list!

1 - Fudman
2 - the540wgn
3 - Occhis
4 - Occfreak32
5 - Caryalon
6 - MikesE39
7 - GreenTiger
8 - Ustad
9 - Doru?
10 - Doorman
11 - Scott740il
12 - RoddyVictory
13 - Gotboosted (very interested depending on the final price with discount)
14 - RLJett (depending on final price and whether mpg/range still available)
15 - XxPanipuri

#25 ·
I yanked my DSP amp out of my system within 6 months of purchasing it...

i then spliced into the 5v factory preamp output (that usually goes into the DSP) and ran that into an arc audio equalizer and from there to my amps...and upgraded speakers...

kept the factory look with the oem gps....

i don't mind the gps with the ipod (using the intravee and alpine ipod adapter)

but it would be nice to have something with a newer ui....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.