BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bmw m3

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jc_///m3 
#1 · (Edited)
how u doin guys?
This is my first post in the M3 section, i currently own a BMW E46 325 2002 AT and considering an upgrade.
i found a BMW E46 330ci 2002, car is in amazing condition, M-tech kit inside and out, everything electrical, Euro spec, 6 speed gearbox. since i own a 325, i'm familiar with the maintenance costs, preventive maintenance...
but i can't stop thinking why not push the envelope a lil further and get an M3!
I want to ask u guys about the efficiency of the M3 (6MT of course), maintenance, anything i should pay attention to. taxes and insurance and stuff like that are not my concerns, i live in Lebanon and we don't have these concerns, simply maintenance prices, pros/cons and anything u could throw my way :)

Edit: please note that i also read http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php/BMW_E46_M3 straight to the point :rofl:

#2 ·
I think you'll find the overall cost of ownership low for the E46 ///M3. It is a solidly-built machine. Here are some estimates:

-tires: every ~20-24,000 miles ($350-$450 per tire)
-battery: I've had to replace every 2 years or so ($150)
-quality detailing/car wash products: ~$250 per year

In 7+ years of ownership, my only maintenance problem has been the SMG timing chain and BMW covered this under warranty.

Good luck.
jc
:bigpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.