BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Hannah Belle crosses the Alps

14K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  zeuss94 
#1 · (Edited)
OK everyone, I finally got my photos sorted. I have only put up Munich, Austria, Dolomites, and Milan, on flickr. I will have Lake Como and Switzerland tomorrow most likely.

I have to fill in the blanks, but, these are the photos. If you happen to really like any of them, feel free to leave a "comment" in the comment area on flickr. I set this up for slideshow, below, so if you put each on fast they should not take too long.

Munich
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606732442496/show/

Austria:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606734518803/show/

Dolomites:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606731985926/show/

Milan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606735965631/show/

And the only reason we went to Milan for the day was because it was raining on Lake Como..

See less See more
#2 ·
Your Photos

Photos are beautiful. You have a very good eye.
ED for me is Sept 12 and your photos remind me of what I am anxiously waiting for.

#3 ·
Very nice pics.
What camera did you use?
You look very different from your avatar. :dunno:

#4 ·
Great pics, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

#6 ·
Great pictures. I see that the weissbier met with your approval. Good for you!

#7 · (Edited)
Great photos. I have what may be the slowest DSL connection in the US, so I switched to the overview and skipped around a bit. Your Dolomites pix are, if it is possible, even more incredible than the others. :thumbup:

#9 ·
Well, finally! I thought I was going to have to chastise you publicly on this forum to get some sort of trip report out of you, but this is a nice start. Now what about some commentary? Tickled me to see Karen and I making an uncredited appearance in the background of your official delivery pic. Nice hat also. That thing could have doubled as an emergency shelter if you had gotten stranded in the Dolomites.

#10 ·
David, haha! Yes, and hats will be a big part of my driving wardrobe from now on.

I can't begin to tell you how much time sorting these photos have consumed, this summer. Mostly because I always make a photo-book of the trip and that is a huge endeavor and is very time consuming. I finally finished the bloody thing the night before I posted these links and I expect to have them arrive this Friday (one for me, one for more). It was 160 pages and had 423 photos in it, including the cover and back photos...

If anyone is interested in doing something similar for themselves, Blurb was the service I used, and I can tell you the software they used was very user friendly. I have heard very good things about the quality and will know for certain this week. It is also one of the cheaper books out there, in that a 160 page book was 125 delivered per book (I ordered three) and last year, for instance, an 80 page Kodak book was 100 per book, delivered. (and it wasn't quite as user friendly).

Here are the Switzerland photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606740788912/show/

I wil post the Lake Como ones later today...

#11 ·
Fantastic! I love your beautiful photos. Great job!

#12 ·
Beth... The pictures are fabulous!!! :clap:

Post more soon :thumbup:

#13 ·
Thanks Gentlemen! So glad you like them!

Here is the last "location" batch, Lake Como:

Warning, we were there for 6 days so the below is 200 photos. It is just so photogenic there!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157606784813653/show/

Tomorrow or the next day, I am going to make a separate set of what I think are the best photos of all of the above and link it, in case ya'll don't want to click on all these bloody links with all these bloody photos! (narrow it down in other words...)

#14 ·
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Loved the Como pictures as well! :thumbup:

#15 ·
Fabulous! Great Subject material, beautifully framed, and the color saturation is incredible. When I shoot that many photos I'll usually end up liking about 10 of them. With your photos, I love most all of them. Very well done, and what a fabulous trip too!

#16 ·
Aw thanks guys! I am a shutterbug for certain, I love my cameras.

Tonight I hope to get the "best of" sorted - for those who can't stomach looking at almost 500 photos, I'll try to narrow the entire trip down to under 200 in one "set" and post that link here later.

I'll start writing about the trip itself this week as well...

#17 ·
Aw thanks guys! I am a shutterbug for certain, I love my cameras.

Tonight I hope to get the "best of" sorted - for those who can't stomach looking at almost 500 photos, I'll try to narrow the entire trip down to under 200 in one "set" and post that link here later.

I'll start writing about the trip itself this week as well...
Great... We can't wait :thumbup:

#19 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

As promised, I sorted it down to what I think are "the best photos" from the trip:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157605258259622/show/

I guess 120 is a lot easier to look at than 450-500 or so...

And thanks 3series, Italy is so photogenic you just point your camera anywhere and BAM a beautiful photo...

ps. if you click on the "i" when the slideshow comes up, it will show captions...

#21 ·
Thank you Jaesun!

I just found out flickr JUST upgraded their slideshow - if you click on them now, they go full screen, coooool!

#23 ·
Thanks KB, tell me about it - and how! The sorting/bookmaking seemed to swallow up much of my free time this summer...

My book was shipped yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow, I can't wait to see it!

#24 ·
Beth,

I looked at your first batch of pictures on Flickr and saw my husband in one of them!! I looked twice to be sure, but there is no doubt. I am sitting to his right, but you can't see me - just a little of my light green jacket. It was taken while we were sitting under an umbrella at the Glockenspiel Cafe out front at 5 pm watching the Glockenspiel in Munich. Darn - I wish I'd known you were nearby!! Is there any way I can get a copy of the picture from you? He is the guy seated just to the left of a woman standing wearing a light-colored coat. He is wearing glasses and his jacket is black with white trim. The picture is in the first slide show you have linked and is located between the two of your Mom drinking her bier. I remember that the guys at the table in front of us were American, rather loud and having a great time.

Your pictures are fabulous, by the way. I love the flowers!

#25 · (Edited)
Susie

Edit - I think I found it?

WHAT A BUMMER THAT WE DIDN'T SYNC UP AHEAD OF TIME!!!

#29 ·
WHAT A BUMMER THAT WE DIDN'T SYNC UP AHEAD OF TIME!!!
I agree!! I knew when you left, of course, but thought you had left Munich for the rest of your trip before we got there. We picked our car up on Fri., June 6, but then left it parked until Sunday. Your picture, if I remember correctly, was taken on Saturday after a very rainy day (we spent the entire day at the Deutsches Museum). We felt fortunate to find a table so we could enjoy our biers (and John his pretzels!!). The timing of the Glockenspiel at 5 pm was an added bonus!:)

#26 ·
#28 ·
Yup! That's the one! (Note to self: learn to be more observant of those in my vicinity!!):rofl:

#27 ·
In other news, my book is due to arrive tomorrow. All that work - it is about to pay off!

#30 ·
I didn't really know we'd be back in Munich so early to be honest. I didn't plan the last few nights of the trip b/c we wanted the flexibility of being anywhere we wanted to be. As it turned out, the weather was so crappy we decided to just get back to Munich early so that we could drop the car Saturday before closing - otherwise on Saturday we would still have been in Switzerland (the original plan - which even that got jettisoned because of the weather and indeed we stayed on Lake COmo a few extra days).

ps. and for anyone reading this far - YES I WILL WRITE A TRIP REPORT! Maybe even start it this weekend... stay tuned here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.