BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alpina love

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  ChrisF01 
#1 · (Edited)
Got some goodies delivered today:

Ordered directly from Alpina Gmbh, cost me 450 Euro.
My plan initially was to have it painted and then do the install myself but after I read the guide I quickly realized there are so many ways I can fok up on that, that it's not even funny. This baby is no walk in the park to install (to me), especially when you think that if done wrong it could fly away at 150mph : D

Went to a local shop that does tuning and stuff, he quoted me 300 Euro paint+install, which I considered reasonable since the paint job alone would cost me 150 anyway.

Should be done on Thursday, can't wait !

See less See more
#3 ·
Exactly my thought, it really changes the whole look of the car's front, makes it look more agressive and lower. Tbh I like it more than the m-front, and you keep the foglights.

#9 ·
Ugggggh, this thread is making me want a lip. Damn you guys... :bigpimp:

#12 ·
Just picked her up.
First pics - just some quick dirty shots before driving off, the car is VERY dirty.

I can't get enough of the looks, it just looks awesome and in person even better than on the pics!

This is the worst shot I could get in terms of how noticeable the color difference is (it's obvious that the match can never be absolutely perfect especially on sophisto-grey, and when you have a distinct separation line between the freshly painted and older piece it will always be distinguishable, but in my opinion they did a near-perfect job and the match is as good as it's ever possible to get. And with a bit of time the fresh paint will get a bit darker. Also note the rest of the car is extremely dirty at the moment.

#14 ·
He did cut two pieces out of the OEM bumper(underside) , as stated in the guide, but he mentioned he ditched the templates provided by Alpina and cut substantially smaller pieces and it fit perfectly.

#20 ·
Looks awesome, now all you need is the LCI grilles and you're set.
Those look much better indeed!

Btw something that I always wanted to ask and just caught my eye again, namely, why is it that the lenses for the high beams look different in some (or most) of the US cars than the ones I got?

This is what I mean:

Attachments

#19 ·
That looks really good, beamlord. Loving both of your cars!:thumbup: Very well done.

+1 to F01driver. Those kidneys look really nice.

#23 · (Edited)
Well, yes - it's the bi-xenon option I think. Both low and high beam are xenon.

Is there any reason the US models don't have that? Like, forbidden by some laws or something :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.