BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Very thorough GC review

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  EmM HoLLa 
#1 ·
Almost everything you'd want to know about the GC...

#2 ·
... and then some. Thanks for passing it along.

#4 ·
I'm thoroughly enjoying my Panamera. I am not a gearhead, per se, but I know what I like. I knew I wanted the xDrive 750i when I first saw the F01/02, and it turned out being the best BMW for me...it had all the power I needed ( the M6's was great but mostly went to waste) and the comfort and looks of the car were off the chart IMO. So, no negatives whatsoever regarding the 7 Series for me. However, I've been attracted to the Panamera ever since one pulled away from me, like I was standing still, one early morning on the Beltway. Good looks is a subjective thing, and I've always considered the Pana as uniquely good-looking. Mine is the 4S, which means that it's an all-wheel-drive V8; it has the Chrono Package which, in addition to launch control, gives it 3 combinations of power, shift, and suspension settings. People who've previously rode in my 7 commented that there is no comparison to the comfort and accommodations of the Pana...although I still regard the front seats of the 7 (mine had the premium seats) as the best I've experienced. Also, for what it's worth, the V8 in the Pana is 400 HP and normally aspirated.

#5 ·
I'm really excited about my GC that's coming, but every time I see your sig pic, Leslie, I get a little twitch of Panamera lust.

Glad you're still posting here.

#9 ·
Very nice of you to say. Thanks!

#6 ·
I was thinking of getting a panamera gts before I knew the GC existed. But after being overwhelmed by all the options and nobody in the Austin Porsche dealership wanting to pay attention to me I decided I would move on for now.

Although, after seeing the new gran turismo concept, I could easily see that being my next vehicle after the GC.

#7 ·
I was thinking of getting a panamera gts before I knew the GC existed. But after being overwhelmed by all the options and nobody in the Austin Porsche dealership wanting to pay attention to me I decided I would move on for now.

Although, after seeing the new gran turismo concept, I could easily see that being my next vehicle after the GC.
I have Porsche dealership issues here, too. I'm treated so well -- obnoxiously well -- by my local BMW dealership that it's difficult to make the jump to another brand for that reason alone.

I agree on the Pan's Gran Turismo concept, too. Really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.