BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 35iXdrive or XC60 T6 R-Design

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  UncleJ 
#1 ·
I'm considering one of these two as a replacement for my aging and anemic Audi A6 3.2Q. I like both and am posting this same question both here and on Swedespeed to get the arguement from both boards.

I know that the R-Design has 25 more HP due to tuning, but anyone else consider the XC60 a an option? What drew you to the X3?

Let me know.

thanks

#2 ·
The xc60 was a close runner-up when I was shopping.

The volvo is primarily a fwd car were the x3 is primarily a rear drive car. In my opinion the x3 drove better.

I also found the r-design rather harsh and the interior boring.

The volvo had amazing seats and superior safety features.

I went with the x3 for the driving dynamics and 8spd auto.

#3 ·
John,

I test drove all the SAV's in the BMW class and have owned two X3's. I just went to an Audi S4. I now know the difference between a good German car and a quality German car. Audi is coming out with a turbo diesel that will put the X3 through its paces. If you can wait a bit...I would.

BMW's jerk through their gears. You know when it moves from gear to gear. I could tell if it was third or forth just by the quick deceleration between gears. The Audi is so smooth it is linear. I know it sounds like bashing, but after owning two X3's and driving both the 28 and 35 several times I felt betrayed since they were supposed to fix that lag between gears. They minimized it but for a $50k car it should be gone.

#4 ·
I am a fan of the XC60 but am a little concerned that it is a bit of an orphan since being sold to China. Still it is a very nice car that posts some excellent numbers, with amazing seats and superb safety features. Personally, like Evl, I am tending toward an Audi next time around. I am waiting for the new Q5 TDI to come ashore here before making a decision. Drove a new Q5 gasser and found it vastly improved over the previous year's offerings. I would check them out, including the new EX37 and, yes, even some of the domestics like the Jeep GC, the new Fords as well as the General's offerings. They are all making some great stuff these days.:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.