BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

brand new trans front pump seal from advance auto blows after 30 miles

574 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hornhospital 
#1 ·
brand new seal installed when i did the trans swap along with new gaskets, fluid, and filter drove for less than 30 miles... felt the rs rise and start to slip. luckily only a couple miles from home. the oem has three lil torx bolts that secure it in instead of just being seated in. when i asked them about it they assured me that this is the seal and this is what is sold as the replacement for that trans... in the pic of the old trans u can see the three bolts im talking about, the replacement seal did not have those. i refilled it with fluid ran it while under it and can watch it literally run out the front where you can tell its coming from that seal. does anyone know where i can order an oem one with the bolt holes?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Pelican has three choices:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...search&description=24121218853&I1.x=14&I1.y=8

Disregard that it says it's for a 318is. The seal's the same for the 328.

With that part number you should be able to get a correct one.

Never take an auto parts desk clerk's word for it that a part is a correct replacement if it doesn't appear to be the same. If it doesn't look right, it very likely ISN'T right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.