BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Production date question

6K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  mismaloya 
#1 ·
I ordered my car on Oct 19th, a few days later was given a production # and build date for "the week of Nov4th".
Couple of questions:
Shouldn't there be a specific build date? Not "the week of"?
The gap between order and build date seems long- any way to have the dealer move it up? ( I have a call into the dealer about this)
I'm concerned that the car will not arrive at the dealer before end of year, and the programs will change for the worse.
Any thoughts, or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks

#2 ·
Sounds like ur dealer didn't have allocation for October, hence you were given a production slot in first wk of November. I highly doubt they can move ur production up at this point, unless someone cancels their order and they can all the car specs for u before reaching the production line. I think ur car will get here before eoy, most likely around mid dec give or take a wk. Mine went into production this wk and my CA is estimating late nov arrival, also I'm not in a rush and hope to take delivery in dec instead as the incentives are likely better then.

#3 ·
Thanks 25B

#4 ·
Nice Surprise-! it's in Production today-

#5 ·
Looks like our cars will be riding together all the way over here! I wonder why/how ur production wk moved up?

#6 ·
I don't know- the only thing I can think is that the client advisor either made a mistake telling me the "week of nov4th" or they changed it because I was hounding them? Not sure, but I'll take it.
Pretty cool tracking on the site because it shows you the color scheme and all the options you selected now that it has moved into production.
I would say ours has a good chance of riding together on the same boat over

#7 · (Edited)
.delete

#8 ·
Mismaloya - Has your car progressed from "In Production" status on mybmw.com? Mine's been stuck "In Production" since 10/24. Based on my previous experience, production usually lasts a wk before moving to the next phase.

#9 ·
Just checked today for the first time since last week 2-5boy. (just got power back last night from the storm). I'm the same as you- still showing "In Production". What the heck are they doing over there? :)

#10 ·
Mine has changed to production ended as of 11/05. Now comes the fun part of hitching rides across the pond.

#12 ·
Mine has also finished production...."Your vehicle has left the plant and is ready to ship". Look like we'll be in the same ship

#15 ·
Ur probably a week to 10days away from a vin as u just started production. Misaloyla and mine entered production on the 24th and 26th

#17 ·
Just checked the site- looks like mine is on a ship now- how about you two-five boy?
I got my vin from my CA

#18 ·
I just checked bmwusa and mine is en route as well!:thumbup: It was updated sometime between friday morning and today, as I had been checking it religiously everyday.

I wonder if the production # will change to VIN# on the site? Haven't bothered to call my dealer. Did your CA provide the vessel name and an arrival estimate? I'm guessing earliest is the wk of 12/3.

#19 ·
I called about the vin before it got on a ship, so I'm not sure wat ship it is on. I thinking by Dec 1 it should be in Jersey. My goal is to pick mine up before the 15th which looks feasible

#20 ·
Which day did u call ur dealer? And did u notice when did the status change in ur bmwusa account?

#21 ·
#22 · (Edited)
Nice job with that link- it still works: looks like it will be here on the 29th.
Two-fiveboy, Put your vin in the cargo ID box and hit track

Cargo ID : VIN. Current Status:
(DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) LOADED ON VESSEL 14-11-2012 23:59:00 Location: BREMERHAVEN
Voyage Details
Bill of Lading Number Booking Number Vessel Name Voyage Number Port of Load ETD
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Discharge ETA
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Receipt Port of Final Destination

ACA24601 DEBRB1073627 PORGY CA246-PGY BREMERHAVEN 14-11-2012 NEW YORK, NY 29-11-2012
Status Details
Status Status Location Date
(DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS) Status Quantity

LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 14-11-2012 23:59:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 14-11-2012 22:00:00 1
BOOKED BREMEN 13-11-2012 09:44:58 1

#23 ·
Nice job with that link- it still works: looks like it will be here on the 29th.
Two-fiveboy, Put your vin in the cargo ID box and hit track

admin machine nixed the sailwx link for some reason

Heading West!

#24 ·
Nice.....looks like I should get this vehicle by the 15th. Scheduled to land here on the 29th, a few days at the dock, and I would think the dealer would get it by the 7th. That works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.