BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

wheel center cap stolen

7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  HeroET 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I think the wheel has to come off first & you replace the cap from within. g/l

#6 · (Edited)
+100

I swapped my summer tires off last week. They are stacked up in my kitchen at this very moment, and I pulled the caps yesterday to clean them, so I'm confident this is the correct answer. :)

To remove the caps, it's best to have the wheel off the rotor. Easier to push in the tabs that way. Otherwise you'd need to use a screwdriver or something else that would scratch the wheel.

But to insert the caps, you just push them in from the outside.

#9 ·
For the center caps......if you have a suction cup, you can pop them off without removing the wheel. When I replaced mine, I simply used a suction cup.

#14 ·
Hmmm, a place to by OEM part? Oh, I don't know, let me think, maybe your BMW dealer? Next time try measuring an existing wheel cap first before you order.

#15 ·
Jlveistreetworks is pretty good for that.

#16 ·
Take the wheel off to remove a center cap? Lol! Yes, also remember to pull the engine when you change the oil. :thumbup:

Use a credit card or utility knife and pop the cap out. Replacements from eBay or the dealer.

#18 ·
eBay? He'll probably be buying back his original caps! :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.