BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

wheel center cap stolen

7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  HeroET 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I think the wheel has to come off first & you replace the cap from within. g/l

#6 · (Edited)
+100

I swapped my summer tires off last week. They are stacked up in my kitchen at this very moment, and I pulled the caps yesterday to clean them, so I'm confident this is the correct answer. :)

To remove the caps, it's best to have the wheel off the rotor. Easier to push in the tabs that way. Otherwise you'd need to use a screwdriver or something else that would scratch the wheel.

But to insert the caps, you just push them in from the outside.

#11 ·
I swapped my summer tires off last week. They are stacked up in my kitchen at this very moment
My wife would divorce me. Really. And she's a gal who's bought me stuff for Christmas/birthdays like sway bars, skid plates and strut tower braces. But the kitchen is off limits.

The center caps just snap in place. They should be easy to pull off with a suction cup or a piece of duct tape. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think they're pretty cheap, even the genuine BMW imported German ones from the dealer.

#9 ·
For the center caps......if you have a suction cup, you can pop them off without removing the wheel. When I replaced mine, I simply used a suction cup.

#14 ·
Hmmm, a place to by OEM part? Oh, I don't know, let me think, maybe your BMW dealer? Next time try measuring an existing wheel cap first before you order.

#15 ·
Jlveistreetworks is pretty good for that.

#16 ·
Take the wheel off to remove a center cap? Lol! Yes, also remember to pull the engine when you change the oil. :thumbup:

Use a credit card or utility knife and pop the cap out. Replacements from eBay or the dealer.

#18 ·
eBay? He'll probably be buying back his original caps! :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.